Author Topic: We're switching Maggie's food...  (Read 4561 times)

Offline Maggie's Mom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maggie, Simon and Oscar
    • View Profile
We're switching Maggie's food...
« on: November 22, 2005, 03:48:38 pm »
We're switching her from Iams large breed ADULT food to Eagle Pack giant PUPPY, and she's cracking us up!  We're mixing them and gradually going to the new one, but she's picking out all of the Iams and throwing it on the floor, and only eating the Eagle.  So, in order to not upset her tummy by only eating the new one and none of the old, what are we supposed to do?  Not to mention taht she's only eating half of the food now.   :D
Stacy, Wes, and Maggie (Great Dane)

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
Re: We're switching Maggie's food...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 03:55:05 pm »
OMG HOW CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  what a little #$%^
NICKI

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 03:58:51 pm »
She is a cutie!!  She may not get an upset tummy.  I've switched my dogs food cold turkey before and they were fine.  If you notice loose stools you can always add a little bit of canned pumpkin to her food.  Gotta make sure it's the 100% pure pumpkin though!  Koby's picked through food like that too, it's hilarious!

Andi

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 03:59:56 pm »
What can I say? she's brilliant!!!  If her tummy's not upset now, let her have the regular am't of her Eagle Pack.  She may just have a cast iron belly.  I'm switching Chester from Eagle Pack to Wellness  and he's just not smart enough to sort it out!  He's eating both (when he won't eat Eagle Pack alone :-\)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 04:25:33 pm »
Chester was getting the Eagle Pack fish...putting his nose in and just walking away, food untouched.  I think we have a picky boy on our hands!!!  So far so good on the Wellness Chicken.... ;D  Maybe another flavor in Eagle Pack would have been fine too....I just don't know! ???

Offline Maggie's Mom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 04:29:49 pm »
She is a smart little thing!  Wes refers to her as a "real thinker".  OK.  I just hope she doesn't poop everywhere!  Everybody is so excited for tomorrow, all the families get to see the new baby!  My mom called and said she got toys and food bowls and all we need to do is show up- she'll take care of the rest!  She's so funny.  She didn't want us to get a dog now, she wants us to enjoy our "freedom" for now, since we don't have kids yet.  But now that we got her, she is like beside herself and can't wait to see her!  Funny how things change. :-X

Offline GracieGirl

• Gnawer
  • Partners in Crime
    • View Profile
    • My Dobies album
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 11:47:19 pm »
We have a black/tan dobie. When she was a pup, I had her on Solid Gold food for puppies. When she got older, I began to feed her the adult food. It gave her dandruff, and itchy skin. I then switched her to other foods, which gave her the most nasty egg farts, lol. It's bad when the dog stinks up the bedroom, and not your husband, haha.

I put her on Iams large breed food, and her coat is perfect. She doesn't itch, has a shiney coat, and no gas (yeehaw).  So, my point is, when finding the right food for your dog, keep an eye on the skin, coat, and definetely gas (irritating tummy).
Forget Caller I.D., I want Caller I.Q.?

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2005, 03:27:10 am »
When we first brought Dazy home and were switching her kibble, she didn't throw her old kibble out of the bowl, but she did pick around it.  Yours is so much more dramatic though. lol   I would be cracking up watching her throw the kibble on the floor. LOL  She sounds like she has loads of personality!

Offline Maggie's Mom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 03:41:05 pm »
She is full of personality!  She cracks me up qall the time!  the cutest hing though is that she's happiest when she lays in my lap and goes to sleep!  She loves it!  Any time I'm on the floor, she curls up in my lap!