Author Topic: my stepdad hit a deer  (Read 2613 times)

angelsmama

my stepdad hit a deer
« on: November 22, 2005, 04:28:40 pm »
hes ok but it messed our car up and killed the poor deer :( and our insurance doesnt cover stuff like this...

lins_saving_grace

Re: my stepdad hit a deer
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 04:31:34 pm »
Ouch!  Glad he's ok.  Did he tag the deer and get it butchered?

That stinks about the car insurance.  I'd call it an act of God.

angelsmama

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 04:33:58 pm »
he didnt have time , was on his way to work when he hit it

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 04:34:33 pm »
he didnt have time , was on his way to work when he hit it
bummer. 

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 04:58:26 pm »
Been there, done that.  We were coming home from visiting an outlaw in-law in jail (whoa!) and I saw this deer come running out from the right side of the highway.  I told my wife, "watch out--that car in front of us is gonna hit that deer"...well, the deer got to the edge of the road,  stalled for about 3 seconds, THEN jumped, right into the front of my van.  It sent the fan through the radiator, and we were stuck on the side of the road until a State Cop came.  Saddest part was, the deer broke all 4 legs, but DIDNT DIE!  oh man...it was horrible.  The cop had to shoot it in the head...ugh, bad memories...sor ry....
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 04:59:53 pm »
it's sad.   I hate seeing all the dead deer on the road this time of year.  But they really shouldn't run out into the road.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 06:53:14 pm »
You think that's bad?  Try hitting a moose!  My relatives that live up in Alaska say it's a really ugly sight and happens quite a lot.  Poor Moose!  There are tons of dead deer in the road over here in Cali, 'tis the season I guess.  :(
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 06:53:47 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 07:03:53 pm »
You think that's bad?  Try hitting a moose!  My relatives that live up in Alaska say it's a really ugly sight and happens quite a lot.  Poor Moose!  There are tons of dead deer in the road over here in Cali, 'tis the season I guess.  :(

We hit lots of moose here.  In fact they even tell you in drivers Ed that if you're gonna hit a deer you hit the brakes.  If you're gonna hit a moose you hit the gas.  Reason being is that they're so tall that if the front of your car is pointing down (Like when you hit your brakes), it rolls right under the moose who then goes through your windshield.  You hit the gas, the nose of your car goes up and the moose rolls over the windsheild.  That's what they say anyways.  Never having hit a moose myself I can't tell you.  But I know of a Semi who was put out of commission while the moose walked away. 
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 01:12:20 am »
OUCH!  Try this on for size!  Hubby just got his DREAM truck, we have an argument and I get up at 4am for work and think , being a bit angry still, he can take the OLD truck.  I will take the NEW one!  In 12 years I have never hit a deer!  3 miles from the house a deer runs into ME!  Took out the whole driver side.  Yep, I was screwed!  I knew he would just kill me.  BUT his brother is a mechanic, so I call him, he looks at it says "your in deep SH**"  I asked the maintenance man at work to get he plunger out and fix it.  I work 12 hour shifts and it took me 8 hours to call home and tell him.  Paint was cracked, fender and door dented major, I was so sick!  Guess what?  I still have not driven that truck since!  He did not kill me obviously, but man the 8 hours I thought about it I ahould have had a heart attack!   
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson