Author Topic: Molly needs your prayer  (Read 9800 times)

Offline declanssexymama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Um, I got BIG!
    • View Profile
Re: Molly needs your prayer
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2005, 10:39:56 am »
Holy crow, Jenn, that's terrible!  I sure hope Molly's feeling better soon.  What a scary thing to have happen.  I swear, pups are so much like babies...every thing goes in the mouth....

Sending you lots of good thoughts!
God help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2005, 10:45:33 am »
Oh my goodness.We'll be praying for Molly.Im glad shes doing better.Spotaki ss sends his kisses/

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2005, 11:38:45 am »
Glad Molly is doing better.  I hope she continues to do well.

Deena

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2005, 12:06:34 pm »
Thanks everyone again. She is doing great, is acting like we are staving her, and she is getting to eat 4 times a day instead of 2. We have to take her out on a leash and she can only play alittle bit (try telling her that. well declanssexymam a, you are right it's like a baby, but at least in the house she is usaully trying to get into things with my 1year, so it's easy to keep a close eye on them both.

But right now as a furbaby mom I don't feel like the newspaper would be enough, I think I need to use a board. Wack,Wack, I must watch the puppy. Wack,Wack, I must watch the puppy.

She has a vet appointment tonight at our vet for a followup so I'll give you another update then.
Jenn

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2005, 01:31:15 am »
She saw the vet tonight, and they said she looks great. But now I have a problem, I had to drag her through the door and she doesn't want anyone touching her month. So now I need to start taking her over there to get her back into liking it. She's already shy. Now I have to get her back on the raw diet. The emergancy vet, was very against the raw and fed her canned food that come s out shaped like the can. Then gives me this acticle about how bad raw diet is and then says if I still want to fed raw which he agian says I shouldn't, gives me this website to go to, petdiets.com, to get a consult for a proper diet which they charge $200 dollars. I was mad when I found that out. I just spent a total of $800 on both vets, which we didn't have, had to put it on our emergancy credit card (we don't use them but have one in case. What a scam. Sorry, I guess I was more upset about it than I thought but was so freaked about Moly I didn't think about it. I started second guessing myself, but I got my new Raw diet books in that I ordered and started reading an feel good about it again. I'm sorry this is really long I didn't mean for it to be. Thanks again for all the prayers.
Jenn

GR8DAME

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2005, 02:28:29 am »
Unless you really love this vet in every other way, I'd look for one that is more supportive. Although I don't feed raw, I feel that the vet should at least be more open to the idea, and respect your choice to do it. After all, it is your dog, and your decision.
Stella

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2005, 02:35:58 am »
This was an emergency vet that we were transfer to becuase she needed to be closely watched all night. My vet also does not agree with the raw diet but would not do that. I really like my vet, but their prices have gone up alot over the last year, that's the only problem I really have hed with them.

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2005, 07:52:20 pm »
Jenn,How Did she get sick?I missed that part,but i am so glad she is better,god i got so scared,to any molly names our molly is good!She is A pill She attack's Kiss's!!! u lay on the Floor and your it!!!then maggie is on her it is the Best Time one could have!!my Husbands family think's i am nut's buts i would rather be with them any Day that is molly&Maggie!! They give so much love!!!!happy Holiday's!!!!love marylee!!!!
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2005, 11:35:25 pm »
I'm glad she's better. 

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2005, 07:38:37 pm »
I hope she has a speedy recovery.  Did you say a flea collar? You know it really makes me wonder about hte products used on dogs, say for ticks etc... Ingestion will kill your dog, make her very sick, yet we put topical preparations on them that are absorbed by the skin, for example frontline one spot.  It really makes me wonder how safe the products reallly are...HHMMM  another research praject.  Steve (Hubby) will just me being online all night researching my newest concern.  LOL! 
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2005, 01:34:45 am »
yes it was the flea collar. And she is doing great, for which I'm really thankful for. She is back to eating all raw again and playing like her old self or should i say baby self.

Yaz

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2005, 03:53:53 pm »
Wow, what a stressful few days it was for you! Glad to hear that everything is back to normal with Molly.