Author Topic: Saint Bernard Bed  (Read 12702 times)

Offline mixedupdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Bernard Bed
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2005, 02:12:38 pm »
Freecycle rocks! I got most of my play yard fence for free, a wooden playhouse that the boys use for shade,  Earnest's twin bed, all kinds of stuff.  Before the twin Earnest had a toddler bed, also a freecycle find,  it holds a crib sized mattress and was up off the floor.  I agree, some kind of mattress is way easier to take care of than those big dog beds, changing the sheets and washing a blanket is a lot simpler than trying to stuff some of those beds back into their covers....

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2005, 02:15:47 pm »
Hi,

Winslow has a pleated bed from this company, all the beds are really well constructed and will fit the largest of breeds. http://www.mammothoutlet.com/

It is on line purchasing and no live contact  but they did respond to e-mail on support and delivery questions pretty good. I'd buy from them again. If I needed to
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2005, 02:46:34 pm »
Freecycle rocks! I got most of my play yard fence for free, a wooden playhouse that the boys use for shade,  Earnest's twin bed, all kinds of stuff.  Before the twin Earnest had a toddler bed, also a freecycle find,  it holds a crib sized mattress and was up off the floor.  I agree, some kind of mattress is way easier to take care of than those big dog beds, changing the sheets and washing a blanket is a lot simpler than trying to stuff some of those beds back into their covers....

Yeah i love freecycle too!  I got my piano off of it.  All it needed was a good tuning and its in pretty decent shape.  My favorite part of freecycle though is that getting rid of stuff is soooo easy.  All I have to do is leave it on the porch for someone to pick up.  I hate throwing good things away and Goodwill has such weird hours here.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2005, 02:55:47 pm »
You should try and look for a used crib matress.  They're the perfect size and all you have to do is wash the sheets to clean it.   I found a brand new crib matress that someone was giving away for free on www.freecycle. org ( look up your region and join the yahoo group).

We are planning on using a crib mattress once Anna isn't using it any more, which will not be soon unless we decide to skip the toddler bed stage, James only used the toddler bed for 6 months or less.

k2campbell

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2005, 03:25:03 pm »
Liberty - yes, Kate's cot platform is made out of PVC pipe!  ;) BUT, the material used for the cot is Cordura.  It's one of the toughest materials out there.  My saddle is made out of Cordura (instead of leather), it's gone through the river probably 20 times and has never changed shape!

My friend has a Rotti and bought a Durabed (I think it's called)?  Same type of thing (it's a cot), but made out of a heavy-duty canvas.  After about a year - it was done (it sagged completely).  This cot I bought for Kate comes with a warranty - I would definitely recommend one for Roxy.  They are a bit pricey (but) well worth it!  If you could find Cordura, you could make one yourself too with the PVC pipe I suppose?  It's a great fabric - so strong...

The picture of Roxy worked - she is gorgeous!!!

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2005, 09:36:54 pm »
cool,thank/s i will check it out!!m,l,!
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

k2campbell

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2005, 09:57:11 pm »
Waffles717 - if you are looking on where to get a cot like the one I have for Kate, I bought it off of Ebay.  If you'd like I can give you the contact name (etc)...

Not too sure if you were looking for info from me or not?  Let me know!