Author Topic: you will never guess what i pet today  (Read 2296 times)

angelsmama

you will never guess what i pet today
« on: November 25, 2005, 09:11:15 pm »
i was upstairs on my computer with window open , i heard leaves rustling across the street i looked out 2 deer were  in the neighbors yard  :o i ran out and told the guy next door we stood out there calling them when we noticed the bigger one had a collar.. he had tiny antlers they were only about 1" high.. i was petting him and talking to him and we found out the owners lived only 2 houses down. i had never pet a deer before and he was so sweet!!! still good eatin' though :D ;D

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
Re: you will never guess what i pet today
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 01:06:32 am »
OMG!  That is to crazy considering we just finished our yearly 3 weeks of open hunting and hung 4 bucks and a doe!  iF THE BOYS OR HUBBY SAW ONE INTHE YARD, i IMAGINE IT WOULD BE IN THE FREEZER!  You know your a redneck when....
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 01:14:37 am »
i was upstairs on my computer with window open , i heard leaves rustling across the street i looked out 2 deer were  in the neighbors yard  :o i ran out and told the guy next door we stood out there calling them when we noticed the bigger one had a collar.. he had tiny antlers they were only about 1" high.. i was petting him and talking to him and we found out the owners lived only 2 houses down. i had never pet a deer before and he was so sweet!!! still good eatin' though :D ;D
You are blessed!...Can you imagine how many people never have that oppertunity?..Thanksgiving day we came up on 7 Bald Eagles & 2 females on a carcass on the road...We stopped & watched in awe as they flew away!...Not 5 feet from our side window a female spread her awesome wings & saluted us as she rose into the sky!...My children may never see that again in life...& to pet a deer?....God's blessing for sure...Think about it. :)

angelsmama

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 01:19:36 am »
oh i know it scared me at 1st when he came up to me, but i was loving it afterwards, calling him 'baby'

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 02:54:18 am »
A friend of mine once found an orphaned baby deer that the mamma had been killed, and she brought it back to her farm to take care of it.  She kept in in with her goats, and when it was full grown, she turned it loose in the woods, but it kept coming back to her farm and jumping the fence to get back in with her goats!  It stayed there until nature called it away to look for a hubby.  It was fun to go play with it, though.  They are so beautiful and have such soulful looking eyes.
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 03:38:29 pm »
Hm...venison stew is yummy....deer down the block....hm... . :o

Yes, I AM a redneck.  I just can't see deer as anything but dinner!  ;D

Sheryl, Dogless and sad