Author Topic: Introducing Eddy  (Read 9444 times)

Offline bigeddythesaint

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Introducing Eddy
« on: May 07, 2005, 07:19:19 am »
I have been reading the posts for awhile now and enjoying them.  I have been reluctant to post due to Eddys uncertain future, but I think he deserves to have his face on here too. Eddy is a 14 month old Saint Bernard.  He was diagnosed with severe hip displasia when the day after his first birthday.  He has had an FHO done on one side, by his regular vet and we are waiting until he is strong enough so that we can do one on the other side.  We went to an orthopedic surgeon (a very good one!!) because we did not think Eddy was healing correctly and also because we felt we should have a second opionon.  The orthopedics recommendation would have cost us several thousand dollars.  We made a decision to put Eddy down.  We did not want him to suffer and felt it was are only option. My husband wanted to talk to our vet again.  He does not want us to give up and feels very confident and determined to save Eddy.  Guess who we are taking are chances with?  He might not be an OS, but if it is Eddys only shot, then we are taking it.  This dog is the sweetest most lovable ball of fur I have ever known.  I had to talked into a Saint by my husband, but now I would never have anything else.  All the crap he has gone through and he still just wants to be everybodys friend.  So this is Eddy.

nickerbokker

Re: Introducing Eddy
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 08:31:01 am »
ah i finally get to see mr eddy!  he is a beautiful boy!  they have the biggest hearts EVER don't they?  all they want is love and to give love...they are quite amazing teddy bears!  keep us updated on eddy okay?!  we'll put in a good word for you.

angus, cody, and nicki

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 11:27:50 am »
He's so handsome! I'm sorry to hear that his young life has been so problematic. I hope that all the medicine and love from you can help to heal him up quickly. We send you our wishes and big hug to Eddy from Bear! Keep us posted on how things go!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline dufus

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 01:40:48 pm »
Eddy for sure deserves to have his face on here, and he is a very handsome boy.

With a good vet, and a little bit of luck I am sure he can be OK.  Am sure he will have a very full life full of fun with you guys anyway, and he will know that you are trying.

Love from me and Day-z