Author Topic: the big mistake....  (Read 13974 times)

nickerbokker

the big mistake....
« on: May 07, 2005, 08:17:06 pm »
so.  hello everyone.  i got home from work today and decided that me and the boys wanted some good ole home made pancakes, so, i made us a batch, fried them up and walked into my room.  then, i turned on reruns of friends, the boys jumped on the bed, and we all started eating.  about 6 seconds later, while in the almost dark mind you, i saw something hanging from angus's mouth and lol' n behold, there was a foot of drool just dangling around.  SO....split second decision...do i risk the giant booger falling on my newly washed sheets, or do i grab the drool??  well i can't touch it with my hands if i want to keep the already eaten portion of pancake down, so what do i do?  oh thats right, i took the plate (that the plate sized pancake completely covered at this point), and i snatched the drool from angus's mouth.  ever seen a pancake with a foot of drool across it?  not so great looking.  not only can i no longer eat, but i dont even want to give it to the dogs cuz thats just gross.  ITS JUST GROSS!  so thats my story.  dont eat pancakes on the bed with the children unless you want something horrible to happen!  im sure you all already know this, but i thought i would share anyway because everyone i am calling wont pick up the darned phone and i had to whine about it!

anyway, i hope i shared a valuable lesson today LOL  :P

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: the big mistake....
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 09:11:08 pm »
LOL That is sooooooo funny. Dont you worry though you will be grabbing it with your hand in no time. Ive gotten pretty used to it now. When your walking him and you forget your drool towel there isnt much else to do. Well, you can wait for it to drop but chances are he will shake it all over you first.
Im so happy to hear that your baby has graduated to the drooling stage. It only gets better. ;D :o ;D
Karen
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 09:15:35 pm »
Well its about time you enterd the world of drool! That's happened to us a million times and we just grab it with our hands and continue eating or use the food to grab it and then have him eat it. I know its gross but after awhile it becomes natural. Like Karen said, often you are without your towel or just aren't anywhere close to something to use so you have to use what you got.  ;)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 04:00:40 am »
Oh the joys of owning a drooler.  Fortunately Dobes to not drool but I do plan to own droolers in the future so I will have to prep myself.  My friend has a Newf and she has even had to wipe drool off the CEILING...lol

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 10:10:10 am »
Exactly! Hubby and I have a wall cleaning session once a week to get it all off! We have to do the wall from the ceiling line to base boards, all of the doors, corners, sofas, kitchen table and the sliding glass door. It's a chore but comes with the love of my big boy, so what else can we do? Thankfully things have been invented to make the process a bit easier.  :)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 05:49:33 pm »
Well, I don't have a drooler, however, Tonka did decide to climb in my lap while I was eating cereal one morning and I had malamute tail and hair in my food. Needless to say that bowl of cereal went down the drain. She has now decided that since she is getting bigger she wants to be a lap dog, which is fine, but not while I am on the bed eating breakfast. She never crawled in our laps until she reached 20 lbs now it is a daily routine.

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 06:18:27 pm »
EEEWWWW!  Mine do not drool either, nor have I ever owned a drooler, but I imagine it is very close in line to kids a boogers.  I CANNOT stand to see green snot caked in kids noses, not to mention the ever unappetizing green booger bubbles.  I honestly cannot clean any other kids noses but I could clean my kids up ina heartbeat.
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

nickerbokker

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005, 06:40:54 pm »
LOL, speaking of kids and boogers, my sister works for a daycare, and one day one of the kids with a cold sneezed and boogers flew all over her and she threw up LOL...she's never had a strong stomach, but that story really cracked me up!  poor kid, and poor dumb sister.  im the same way though...i would take drool any day over kids and their nasty green boogers!

Offline stjennifer2413

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 12:38:24 pm »
Trust me, soon you won't even flinch when your boys wipe their mouths on you.  We have one drooly saint who treats us like his personal napkins.  Gross.  And once a week we have "Sponge Day" at our house.  Enough said.

Offline Sullivan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 03:08:39 pm »
I know exactly what you guys mean.  The drool, chewed up food, none of it effects me at all.  The biggest problem is drool on other peoples clothes.  Friends and family don't see the humor or joy in dog drool.  Guess it is something only a mother could love. ;D

Offline bellaboo

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2005, 01:04:58 pm »
Well, I would get a kick out of the drool. It's part and parcel to owning a Saint, so you'd definitely get used to it!

My favorite drool story is the time my girl left a nice long one on an unsuspecting rich lady. I used to work in a toy store and this unpleasant rich lady wearing a full length expensive fur coat came in trying to barter with the owner (come on lady! they are kids toys!! and already below retail!) My boss was too nice, as he was always giving people deals (even though he couldn't afford to) She was perfectly manicured, with a huge rock on her finger. Anyway, maybe sensing that I was disgusted by her greediness, Bella sauntered over so the lady could "goo-goo" over her for a minute. Bella had just finished drinking some water and as the lady turned around again, Bella brushed up against the back of her fur coat in such a way as to sneakily "leave her mark". The unsuspecting rich lady walked out of the store and down the path. I laughed my head off as I watched her in the distance, imagining what it would be like to see her reaction when she finally sees the caked crusty drool on her precious coat!.

(I'm such a devil! hehe)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2005, 09:49:29 am »
My friend who owns 7 Newfs and I took my boy and all her babies to be blessed at the local Catholic church on the day before Easter (Bllessing of the Animals).  My boy got blessed first and he went back to the car to rest so I helped her get her group through.  The priest LOVED seeing all three of her Landseers together and wanted a picture with them.  They all climbed on the platform with him and the picture was snapped.  However it was a hot day...and the babies were drooling....th e point is:  what is the etiquitte of getting drool off a priest's vestments?  
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 09:51:08 am by newflvr »

Nicole

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2005, 09:44:37 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAHAH! Great stories, I'm LAUGHING MY A#@ OFF! Especially about the priest! hehe! Good picture, Newfluvr, I saw it on Rhoda's website, too. (I check often for pregnant Blue Heaven bitches!)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 10:25:04 pm by jabear »

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2005, 08:50:59 am »
I love the drool stories!...Samson drools too...He uses my hubby's pant leg for his own personal drool towel kind of like a kid that wipes his snotty nose on you when you're holding them...Hubby yells, "I've been slimed"!...I swear Samson is grinning!

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2005, 09:00:25 am »
I don't have spontanious droolers.  I have food and water induced droolers.  They smell food, they drool, they drink water, they drool.  I guess you could say because there is almost always food and water around, there is drool with it.  I haven't had to clean any walls or ceilings because I wipe it on whatever is available usually a blanket or me.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs