Author Topic: GRRR...vent!  (Read 3539 times)

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
GRRR...vent!
« on: November 29, 2005, 06:17:04 pm »
I was admitted to the hospital for 3 days due to pre term labor, very low iron and a kidney infection.  I had to stay for observation and IV meds.....so point of my story....one of my friends had Tonka so I knew he was fine and Bogart (my poodle) was at my house (BTW, my daughter was completely taken care of) and so my friend calls and asks me if I need her to do anything.  I tell her I would appreciate it if she would go let Bogart into the house that evening and then go back by there in the morning to let him outside again.  I told her that I wasn't sure how long I would be hospitalized but if she could just keep up with Bogart I would appreciate it (I also told her that if she couldnt I would call my neighbor.....N O BIG DEAL) and she said NO NO NO....she would take care of Bogart until I called her and told her I was home!!!  WELLLL.....3 days later I come home and walk in my house and find Bogart running around with no food and pee and poop all over my house.....she had let him in the first day and NEVER returned!!  He had been running around my house for 3 DAYS with nothing but a bowl of water!!  I am sooo pi**ed off at her!!  Why would anyone just do that??  She hasn't answered my calls or called me either!  I can't believe someone would do this!  I am sooo angry! >:(
I am kind of a big deal!

Kiahpyr

Re: GRRR...vent!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 06:20:27 pm »
OMG that's horrible!! Poor Bogart! I bet he was happy to see his mommy! I hope you had someone to clean up the yucky mess. Being pregnant with that smell would make me sick. When are you due?

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 06:28:10 pm »
Maybe something happened with her???  That behavior is too bizarre to be at all rational!!!  Poor you!!!

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 06:40:52 pm »
this is kinda like my worst nitemare... this and the daydream about my dogs attacking another person while being babysat...  poor poodle, poor house (which i assume is pretty disgusting right now) and poor you!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 06:54:06 pm by tonyc »

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 06:55:22 pm »
She must have forgotten to take her Lithium.  Because only a crazy person would let a dog INTO a house, and not go back to let it OUT! ???

Could he at least get to the toilet?  If you have the right toilet, it will autoflush when the water gets too low, and fill up again.

I would SO be losing somebody's phone number for something like that, seriously.  She wouldn't have done that do your daughter--why would she do it to your dog ??? ::)

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 11:23:49 pm »
OOOHHH I know I am still so furious!  She did not acknowledge any mistake and she won't return my call but miraculously she was able to forward an email to me today of pictures of her.  It took me an hour to clean up all the mess (and it was sooo disgusting, at almost 8 months pregnant I am pretty much obsessed with clean right now) and poor little Bogart was sooo guilty!  I had to hug him and pet him and let him know it was not his fault, but he was pretty worried and VERY hungry!!  I will not be having much to do with this girl after this point, it is soo sickening and irresponsible.  All she had to do was call me (or any one of my other friends whos phone numbers I had given her in case of emergency!)
Right now my goal it to keep this little one incubated for at least 4 more weeks and then anything goes.  I am so glad I have you guys to B*TCH to!!! ;D
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 11:31:38 pm »
That's terrible!! 
Poor pupper and poor you.
That's the last thing you needed to face after being in the hospital.
The mess and the stress.....not good.
If I was your neighbor I'd come over and clean up the mess so you could relax.

Be well.

Wendy
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 11:34:51 pm »
I'm so sorry! What an awful way to come home. I hope that she has a very good explanation for what happened once you finally do get a hold of her.  >:(
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
  • Giants- companion-protector-inspiration-friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 11:41:21 pm »
oh how horrible!  how could someone do that?  did she think the dog wouldnt have to eat?  or pee? or poop?  if she couldnt take care of him she should have called a kennel to have him boarded.  at least he would have gotten fed and walked!  and its not like you couldnt advise her on what to do with him!  GRRRRR!  i would be ticked off too! like jabear says i would get an explanation when you talk to her! 
~SHELLIE & HUGO~

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 11:59:50 pm »
That is so horrible!! She should at the very, minimalist least come over before you got home to clean up the inevitable mess. Did she think Bogart would let himself out?? And to go 3 days with no food or fresh water!! Even if she left him with a mound of food to last 3 days, she couldn't have thought it wouldn't come out the other end, right??

Unless she wound up in the hospital herself, I'd call that pretty unforgivable.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 12:12:13 am »
That is absolutely horrible! I would be so furious!

I hope that your puppers in doing ok and that you and your baby are happy and healthy now
RIP former BPO

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 03:11:33 am »
OMG, if my friend did that, I would seriously think of taking all the pee and poo stained towels over to her house and throwing and smearing them all over her carpets.

I am furious, and it didn't even happen to me.   >:(  >:(  >:(  I cannot believe this person can even consider herself a friend.  And to give you no explanation, not even a lame excuse?  Unforgivable.  Basically, she is guilty of animal cruelty, and she needs to think long and hard about what she did.

I don't know what she could have been thinking.  She obviously would know that he would have to use the bathroom at some point, even if she forgot about the food and water.  Or maybe she thought if he didn't eat or drink, he wouldn't have to go?  Does she have some grudge against you?  This totally boggles my mind.   >:(

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 09:55:21 am »
She must not have any pets of her own??? Most people with any kind of heart would not leave a dog or any kind of animal that long with out checking on them! Unbelievable!!! >:( Even if its not your own I would worry about the poor little guy! Its called having a consience!! I would dump her as a friend if I were you!
And congrats on the new baby, hopefully the baby will stay put for a few more weeks. Good luck!
cuttles

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 06:08:00 pm »
Thanks guys for being pissed with me! ;D  I never know if I am supposed to be mad or if I am overreacting because of hormones  ::).  I still haven't talked to her and at this point I don't want to.  She knows what she did was wrong and I just plan on having nothing else to do with her.  Thank goodness Tonka was still with my friend he had stayed with while I was at my mom's and was well taken care of.  Bogart is doing fine now and other than being really hungry when I got home had handled his unfortunate situation so bravely! 
Baby Sam and I are fine as well (even though the last thing I want to do at this stage of pregnancy is clean up dog poo! :P)
I am kind of a big deal!