Author Topic: "Misty" at "home" with the boys!  (Read 9601 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

"Misty" at "home" with the boys!
« on: November 30, 2005, 08:52:44 pm »
Just a few pics for now...She had a great time in the snow but Pippin was up her butt (pretty much literally) most of the time...lol!...B.t.w., Misty does not know her name...It is just a name they picked for Petfinder...Ri ght now we are calling her "girl" because my daughter's name is Missy & I don't want to confuse her...The dog not my daughter...lol!

Blair

Re: "Misty" at "home" with the boys!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 08:54:50 pm »
There are dogs in those pictures? I just see white LOL  ;) All 3 doggies are adorable

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 09:08:13 pm »
I think Pippin boy is in love!  She is so very pretty!
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 09:28:12 pm »
What a pretty girl. It looks like she had a blast playing with the boys.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 10:46:40 pm »
She's so pretty! I'm glad to see that she's getting along with everyone so well. Are you going to find a different name for her?

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 11:33:04 pm »
Oh, the Pipster LIKES her!  Who can blame him, she is just too precious.
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 12:16:59 am »
Looks like you have another dog!
Don't tell us that you will be able to give her up.
She has found her home, and it's YOU!
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Anakalia

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 12:28:16 am »
She's so beautiful!!  It looks like she had a blast playing with the boys!! ;D

Andi

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 01:11:40 am »
She's so pretty! I'm glad to see that she's getting along with everyone so well. Are you going to find a different name for her?
Thanks all!!...Right now we are just calling her "girl"...Any suggestions for a name April? ;D Let me know...I want her to get used to the name she'll keep...In fact, anyone have any ideas for a name for her?...& anyone have any advise on house breaking a 2-3 yr. old dog? :( Evidently she's not housebroke like the ad on petfinder said...I'll have to bring the crate back in tomorrow.

Blair

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 01:22:32 am »
Crystal? I know thats kinda corny LOL She is very pretty though and she looks like she fits right in at YOUR house  ;)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 10:56:55 am »
When I saw her the first thing that came to mind is "Bell". I know it's not original or anything, but I think it fits her. I'm still working on my hubby and he is thinking about it. :)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 11:19:07 am »
She looks like a Crystal! Good idea! or, since Pippin likes her so much, how about Merry (I know, in the movie, Merry is a boy, but it's really a girl's name).

Housebreaking: she may just not be used to your routine yet. With an older dog, routine is key in housebreaking - and reward/reprimand. They understand that much better than puppies. Just make sure you take her out at the same general time every day and wait 'til she goes potty before you bring her in. Praise, praise, praise immediately after she goes potty outside and reprimand immediately after she goes potty inside - if you're lucky enough to catch her in the act.

It shouldn't take long to get her back on track.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 11:25:59 am »
She's a pretty girl isn't she! Are they sure she's not got a little bit of collie or GSD in there with that fine featured face?

You hould never put an appeal out for names when I'm about as I come up with stupid ones all the time for my friend's puppies. The remaining GSD puppy has been landed with the name Florence.

I've just seen you've got a Sampson and I keep singing that old Tom Jones song, Delilah... maybe drop the Del - she looks more like a Lailah to me.  :)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2005, 12:01:09 pm »
Well, we had just that one accident in the house so far & I was lucky enough to catch her at it...Let her out last night because she was trying to climb the baby gate & this morning she actually pawed at the curtains over the patio door so I let her out...She is a mystery to be sure...I can't decide if she's even ever been in a house or if she hasn't maybe she's just a quick learner...I doubt she has  any Collie or GSD in her...She has a most definite Kuvasz face & her personality is turning out to be all LGD too...Today she is more comfortable so she is showing her true colors & I am laughing!!...Pippin is getting a run for his money & a taste of his own medicine...lol ...She just walked over to him & took his bone away like it wasn't  any big deal & layed down & started chewing on it while Pippin barked...He does the same thing to Samson all the time...LOL!...Take that Pippin!!! haha!...We are just calling her girl...I figure when she goes to her forever home she'll hear that alot anyway..."Good girl"..."Bad girl"...etc...Then they can put the name of their liking behind girl & eventually droop the girl...Well, got to run...I have 3 big white stinky dogs to watch & love on!!! ;D

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2005, 01:29:36 pm »
How do you like having three?  Question for anyone with more than two, what is the major difference when you add the third baby?

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)