Author Topic: "Misty" at "home" with the boys!  (Read 9597 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: "Misty" at "home" with the boys!
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2005, 03:55:38 pm »
Lisa, having 3 is great!...The main difference is that Samson has backup & Pippin isn't acting too big for his britches!!! ;D I was hoping that would happen!..Keep in mind though that she is between 2 & 3 & my guys are still puppies...She doesn't agress on them at all & still keeps them in line!...I came by her when Deena who has the beautiful Kuv, Sapphire e-mailed me asking where I was in relation to the shelter she was in...Deena found her on Petfinder...We were only a little over an hour from the shelter & my hubby was supportive so I agreed to pull her & foster her until other plans are made for her...April is thinking about taking her as is Deena...&, right now, I am the official Kuvasz rescue contact in Iowa...This is going pretty well...I might like this rescue thing!

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2005, 06:10:32 pm »
"I might like this rescue thing!"  Gypsy, I think you are gonna be hooked just like Pup Daddy & Me!!!   ;D   She's very pretty!  I like "Crystal" for her name, too & red is definitely her color!!  ;)    Pippin looks VERY happy to have her to play with! :D
-lauriew

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 09:25:13 pm »
 Gypsy, that is just so great.  Having three sounds like lots of fun. 
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2005, 12:59:59 pm »
She's so pretty! I'm glad to see that she's getting along with everyone so well. Are you going to find a different name for her?
Thanks all!!...Right now we are just calling her "girl"...Any suggestions for a name April? ;D Let me know...I want her to get used to the name she'll keep...In fact, anyone have any ideas for a name for her?...& anyone have any advise on house breaking a 2-3 yr. old dog? :( Evidently she's not housebroke like the ad on petfinder said...I'll have to bring the crate back in tomorrow.
We only had that one accident in the house & no more...Last night she went from midnight until 7 a.m. without going out with no problem...So now I don't know if she was already housebroke or if she just is a quick learner...What's strange that if she has been inside you'd think she would know at least basic obedience & not to counter surf which she tries to do. :-\

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2005, 04:55:57 pm »
Maybe she is just seeing if it ok in the new home.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2005, 09:02:04 pm »
We just added number 4, lab not Kuvasz. but the 3 Kuvasz are certainly a joy to have.  It can be a bit WILD , especially when they all come in for the night!  Having close t0 400 piunds of dog inside is a treat for sure!  We are really enjoying watching the Kuv's adopt our 10 week old lab.  SHe is so SMALL compared to them.  Cali our 5 month old Kuv female weighs in at 53 pounds and Shadow our lab is only 15 pounds, those two are very close as puppy's are, but it is crazy to see them together! They sleep all wrapped in in eachother!    It is crazy to see!  Hubby wants to add another Kuv but I think we are full as it is, we shall see, when he finishes the new kennel in the spring we may add again, I am partial to keeping one of Beauty's pups inthe spring! 
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2005, 01:48:59 pm »
How do you like having three?  Question for anyone with more than two, what is the major difference when you add the third baby?

Lisa
The phrase "All h*ll breaks loose" comes to mind! I didn't realize how crazy my life was until AFTER the last of three foster puppies were gone! And I didn't have two kids and a pinko husband to deal with!

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2005, 10:09:55 pm »
Chelle wanted me to let everyone know she is having computer problems. She is hoping to be back up and running soon. I am certain she will have lots to share once problem is solved. Misty seems to be keeping her boys in line. She's really enjoying her.  :)
Deena

Kiahpyr

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2005, 10:37:32 am »
Chelle wanted me to let everyone know she is having computer problems. She is hoping to be back up and running soon. I am certain she will have lots to share once problem is solved. Misty seems to be keeping her boys in line. She's really enjoying her.  :)
Deena

Thanks Deena for the update. I sent her an email and haven't heard anything. I'm glad everything is going well.

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2005, 03:19:35 pm »
I was just going to ask how it was going...thank god it is nothing dog related
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka