Author Topic: Greater Swiss Mountain Dog Message Board?  (Read 11067 times)

dohertyswissy

Greater Swiss Mountain Dog Message Board?
« on: May 09, 2005, 10:18:09 am »
Hello All!

I didn't know if there were any other Swissy owners out there who would like to participate in a GSMD message board like the other breeds have??  Maybe if we ask nicely, Michael, Jamie, and Bear would help us out!   ;)  Any takers?  Come on...who can resist this face??? ;D

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Greater Swiss Mountain Dog Message Board?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 11:27:37 am »
Of Course!  ;D We actually have been waiting for somebody to show interest in the board. We'll put it up today but it will be under the new general heading of Mountain Dogs which will include the Bernese and Greater Swiss. Stay tuned for it!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Rufiesmom

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 11:36:38 am »
That lil babe has some big paws to grow into :) !!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 02:26:50 pm »
Yahoo!  We can't wait!  :D

Offline SwissysRock

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • I love my SWISSY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 12:00:29 pm »
 :)  YES!  Finally.  I have visited this site a few times, but didn't find much information on the Greater Swiss Mountain Dog breed.  I guess they are pretty rare, but they are great dogs!  I should say puppy.  Riley is about 8 months old now and sometimes I forget he's still a puppy considering he currently weighs about 100 pounds and when we go for walks, I feel like hes the one walking me!  Thanks for starting this board!  :)
Tina
:)
Riley's Momma

dohertyswissy

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 12:15:46 pm »
Yahoo!  I'm so excited that there is another Swissy owner on the board!  Welcome!  Riley sure is a cutie and I TOTALLY understand what you mean about forgetting that they are puppies!  Ranger is 6 months old and weighs 70 lbs. already.  His Dad was on the bigger side of the breed at 140lbs.  Of course, he's still convinced he's the 35 pound puppy we got three months ago and climbs up in my lap for attention. 

I, of course, agree with you that they are great dogs!  Couldn't imagine being without my guy!  Looking forward to seeing you on the board more often!

Heather  :)

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 01:13:59 am »
Hi, these dogs are beautiful.  Their disposition seems fantastic.  Are they a little smaller than a St. Bernard? Someday I would love to have one but they seem pretty expensive.  I love the colors.  Peggy
Peggy

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 01:42:37 am »
On the tune of Mountain Dogs...The Great Pyrenees is also known as the Pyrenean Mountain Dog.

dohertyswissy

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 08:24:50 am »
Really??  You learn something everyday!!  Woohoo Mountain Dogs!!!  Is Samson completely anti-water like Ranger?

Peggy - They are smaller than a St. Bernard.  They do have a tendency to be expensive, as the breed is somewhat rare, but well worth it!  I hope you decide on a Swissy!  :)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 02:30:51 pm »
Well that depends...lol. ..He thinks his wading pool is the devil & won't go near it but he loves to slosh is the boggy area where water sits way back in our yard when it's rained alot...of coarse!...The pool wouild be nice clean water...Why use that when you can get really really muddy & stinky?..lol!