Author Topic: Allergy Shots  (Read 1559 times)

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Allergy Shots
« on: December 04, 2005, 11:01:07 pm »
Tucker has allergies and when he was tested they recommended shots.  We decided to hold off due to all his other issues and he had only a couple outbreaks.  Well currently Tucker is suffering from severe hot spots where his leg rubs his belly.  It went from being red yesterday to purple tonight.  We'll be taking him in first thing in the AM.  I'm sure our vet will send us back to the dermatologist to start shots.

Tucker's major allergies are to our desert plants and grasses.  Although we try to keep the yard clear it is impossible to rid the air of those things he is allergic to.

Anyone here treating their canine with allergy shots?  What did you try before shots?  For all those that have dogs that suffer with allergies please share your experience; what worked, what didn't.....I'm open to ALL suggestions.  Shots are a LAST resort.

Cindy

P.S.  Tucker does not have food allergies

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Allergy Shots
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 04:02:15 am »
Cindy,
I know that it sounds far fetched, but I've heard of lots of people dealing with their hayfever allergies by eating honey collected by local bees.  Its based on the same principle as the shots i guess?

I'm sorry to hear about the allergies though.  :(  Poor Tuck!
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Allergy Shots
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 08:21:07 am »
Thanks Moni - The bee thing makes sense and at this point I'm willing to try anything.  Although we really like our vet I am going to schedule an appointment with a holistic vet to get another perspective.

Cindy