Author Topic: Book with a Newfie  (Read 2749 times)

Offline afrostegirl

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Book with a Newfie
« on: December 04, 2005, 10:08:12 pm »
Hi, I'm a stalker here, non-big dog owner, but big dog (especially Newfie) lover.  I came across a book at the library the other day and instantly thought that some other big dog lovers might find it interesting.  Some I'm temporarily creeping out of my spooky stalker closet to post, ha ha!

I like to read but get bored easily with reading the same genre of books over and over so I typically look through the "new books" section at the library and pick a variety of topics.  I found this book called "You Slay Me" by Kate MacAlister.  Okay it's not a life changing, emotion wrenching book but I found it entertaining.  About a woman who mistakenly happens upon her natural born powers to summon demons and such.  Mix of mystery, romance, middle ages dragons-wiccan-demons, humor.  Real bonus, she summons her first ever "demon" and gets a big slobering newfie who can talk and has a love affair with a Welch Corgi! 

Not that I think Newfies are any type of demon I just read the back cover, saw the mention of a Newfoundland and had to read it!

Just thought I'd share!

Jessica - the stalker  :)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Book with a Newfie
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 10:24:50 pm »
Sounds fab!!!  I'm all over it!  And welcome to the group!  We love people who jump in to join us in our love of the big paws....whethe r you own one or not....you can share ours!!

Welcome...a reader, a big dog lover and a NEWF lover!! My kind of person!!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 02:30:11 am »

Welcome...a reader, a big dog lover and a NEWF lover!! My kind of person!!

I fully agree Mari! Welcome, welcome. The more big dog lovers, the better the world is!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 12:26:46 pm »
Hi Jessica...I LOVE that book! Katie lives up here by me, and we are both members of another Web Group. She's a HOOT! She did a great job with her Newfie character, I also recommend that anyone ready for a good laugh check out this book.

****Warning...it is considered a Romance Novel, so those who are not particular to that genre, please keep that in mind.
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA