Author Topic: My dreams of a green Christmas...  (Read 3522 times)

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
My dreams of a green Christmas...
« on: December 05, 2005, 08:26:19 am »
is not going to happen this year! Our first snowfall of the year was last night. I awoke to a blanket of white, had to let Angus out to go potty and he loves it!!! He barked at it, then started digging in it, then all out running and diving head first into the snow. It was hard convincing him to come back in before I left for work. I'll get pictures of him romping in the snow soon. We will have much more snow by tomorrow as our forecast is calling for a heavy snowfall warning tonight 15-20 cm (6 - 8 inches) along with winds 50 kph gusting to 70 kph except gusting to 90 along the coast (of course I'm along the coast). It's going to be a long winter!! Here's a couple of pics from this morning.

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
Re: My dreams of a green Christmas...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 11:06:05 am »
oh man....  Is it normal to get snow this early in Newfoundland?  We got snow last night too.  Sophie had a blast in it this morning.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 11:30:26 am »
Yea, it is normal to get snow this early, but I always have hope for a green Christmas. The later the snow starts the better I like it. Our weather is pretty mild for winter and that brings with it plenty of snow and sometimes rain. We are getting dumped on again tonight!! Oh well I guess I'll have to  get the shovels out of the basement!!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 08:15:50 pm »
We'll trade you our green Christmas for your white one!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 08:27:39 pm »
me too, me too, I want a white christams too. Im used to it and totally miss it since I moved here. Here in NC they say "ohhhh its going to be a rough winter" well that means 25 snowflakes on the ground, all schools closed and people stocking up on candles and canned food lmao.

I soooo hope we will get some snow, I cant wait to see how Galahad is reacting to it, hmmmm well I have to do some serious convincing to make him go out and go potty if it is raining, so he might not be as excited as I am, but who knows he might love it.

marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 08:51:20 pm »
I hate snow.  I used to like it, back when I lived in a tiny little town that knew the concept of SNOW REMOVAL.  Living in the city stinks when it snows.  We got 4 inches of snow last night and it took me 15 minutes to get the kids to school.  Usually it takes 5.  A few years back we got 3 feet of snow.  My car didn't move for more than a week.  Because there was still 3 feet of snow covering all the streets.  Finally at a week and a half everyone got shovels, started at one end of the street and cleared our street.  Didn't make to much of a difference because you couldn't get past our block.  I hate snow.

Tina

I guess it makes a huge difference if you live where they are expecting several feet of snow and are ready to clean the streets. I cant say I love snow all that much, but just over christmas I love it and think it does so much for the christmas spirits.

I guess Ill hope for snow in Charlotte and no snow in philly then lol

Marit

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 09:07:30 pm »
Thanks hun.  If it snows can I blame it on you?

Tina

hahahaha yeah right, if it snows, we can switch houses for christmas, Ill bring my pack to your house and you can go to NC where I am dead sure it wont be any snow. Ohhhh by the way, please come a couple of days early so you can do the christmas cleaning too  ::) thanks

Marit

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 09:24:26 am »
Well, it did snow again last night - 20 cm (8 inchs) but our forecasted winds did not happen so no big drifts, YET! Angus just loves it, it is a struggle to get him to come in the house and then I have to comb the snowballs off him!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 09:27:56 am »
We'll trade you our green Christmas for your white one!
you don't have to ask me twice.  DEAL!  :)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 10:51:18 am »
I have to comb the snowballs off him!

Okay....from a person who has lived in Southern Calif. my whole life....what's the secret to NOT getting snowballs the size of infant's heads off a Newf?  Last Christmas at the cabin, Cowboy looked just silly....balls hanging off him in every direction...wi thout even mentioning the mess when he melted in the warmth of the cabin.  Any secrets??  Are you laughing at me?? Rolling your eyes??? ::)

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 11:26:28 am »
I have to comb the snowballs off him!

Okay....from a person who has lived in Southern Calif. my whole life....what's the secret to NOT getting snowballs the size of infant's heads off a Newf?  Last Christmas at the cabin, Cowboy looked just silly....balls hanging off him in every direction...wi thout even mentioning the mess when he melted in the warmth of the cabin.  Any secrets??  Are you laughing at me?? Rolling your eyes??? ::)

Good question which I have no answer to, yet. We've only had 2 days with snow but it looks like the snow is here to stay. Angus wants to go out in it every minute so I have been taking the snowballs off him on every re-entry into the house with one of my wife's plastic combs (wide spaced out teeth) and it seems to do the trick! Just dig in behind the snowball, comb out and watch the snowballs fly!!