Author Topic: My Crap-tastic Snow Filled Weekend....  (Read 4669 times)

Anakalia

My Crap-tastic Snow Filled Weekend....
« on: December 05, 2005, 11:20:22 am »
Last weekend totally sucked!  I don't mind waking up to snow on Christmas morning, heck I think it would be festive for it to blizzard during Christmas day, but to have lots of snow before or after Christmas should be illegal!  So it snowed ALL of last weekend!  We didn't get much of a break and I keep getting crabbier and crabbier because we now have over 8 in in our area and the weather is only getting colder.  I swear it's 50 below zero right now! lol  I definitely need to get some snow boots, because my slip on's don't do well in 8 in. of snow!  OR better yet, HOLLY I'll just come live with you!!!  Florida here I come! ;D

Here are some pics of my crap-tastic weekend!  It was snowing so hard when I took these pics with HUGE flakes of snow, but for some reason you can't see them too well in the photo's.  YOU CAN, however see how deep it is on the top of the deck rail.

Icerotti

Re: My Crap-tastic Snow Filled Weekend....
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 11:24:45 am »
I don't like the snow either. You have more than us right now......not for long though..lol

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 11:30:33 am »
It might be crappy cold, but the snow is really pretty in those shots. No footprints that I can see. How are the dogs liking it? :)

You just had to ask about the dogs! LOL  The first time it snowed he liked it, played did zoomies.  THEN he decided it was too cold on his feet so Tony had to shovel out an area in the yard for Koby to do his "business" because he will no longer walk in the deep snow.  It's hilarious because he'll go out there and it looks like he's marching because he picks his feet up so high.  Then when he's doing his "business" he rocks back and forth alternating feet because apparently it's too cold for him.  ON an even funnier note the first time Koby raised his leg to pee was yesterday!  He lifted right leg, started peeing then in decided he needed to change legs so the left leg came up while in MID-PEE!!  OMG!! It was hilarious.  I can honestly say both my dogs hate the snow as much as I do! ;D

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 11:51:32 am »
We got lots of snow too! It snowed last night and it's going to snow again tonight. I can't keep Kiah in the house when it snows. She's loves it!!! I don't mind the snow it's the cold that I hate. It was below zero last night and it's only going to get to 9 above today. BBBBRRRRRR!!! The normal temps for here is in the thirties.

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 11:52:24 am »
That is a beautiful yard Andi!  :D

I'll take your snow.. we've only got like 2 inches, give me more anyday! Yeah, I'm insane, I know. 

Its so funny that Kobi doesn't like the snow.  You'd think Tenchi was a Newf the way he acts in it!

Tenchi has his coat, but he only likes to wear it when waiting with me for the kids to get off the bus.  When he's playing he seems to get annoyed with it.  Guess I'll have to go back to his scuba suit one so that he doesn't make me feel cold.  lol
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 11:58:53 am »
LOL Moni, Tenchi's adorable!!  He may be able to teach Koby not to be such a sissy! lol  I NEED to see Tenchi in the scuba suit!! lol  Is it for the cold?  or Rain? 

I can't even go outside today my nose hairs freeze and it HURTS, and my eyes water and my contacts feel like they're freezing to my eyeballs!!!  And everytime I have to take Koby outside I have to sit and breathe on the dang cable hook trying to get it to open!  I'm glad my neighbors can't see me I probably look like a moron huffing and puffing on that stupid thing! lol

Jenn, I'm sorry you didn't get snow last night!  Maybe I can rent a couple of dump trucks and we can take all our crappy snow your way and just dump it at your work! hehee

Andi

Blair

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 12:01:45 pm »
Great pics Andi!!! Send it all here, everyone can send all their snow down here, it is much wanted by a lot LOL Can you believe on thursday the high will be 40 something degrees, keep in mind thats freezing for down here LOL

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 12:07:02 pm »
It looks SOO beautiful!!  I know, I know, I don't have to live in it, shovel it or deal with it ....but it would be so much fun just to try it for a while.

It's been cold, for us, here too.  High today will be in the high 60's...but the other morning when I was coming back after taking Cowboy to the ER it was a whopping 37 degrees!!!  THAT's cold, huh!!! ;D

Anakalia

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 12:11:40 pm »
Jenn, I'm sorry you didn't get snow last night!  Maybe I can rent a couple of dump trucks and we can take all our crappy snow your way and just dump it at your work! hehee

YAY!!!  That would rock!  I thought I was safe this morning seeing as there was no snow, so I wore my super cool new spikey boots, and slipped on black ice in the parking lot.  So, not only did I not get to stay in jammies and drink hot chocolate, but I looked like a goober in front of important work people.

Yeah, send those dang dump trucks on over ... before its too late!!!

OMG!!  Jenn are you ok?  I hope you didn't break your butt!  I HATE slipping on ice, I've done it a few times, and did the "jump up and look to see if anyone saw me" thing.  And of course there has always been at least one person who seen me make a fool of myself!  So dang embarrassing!  I think you could use that to your advantage tho.  "Mr. Boss, I slipped and fell outside and I think my butts broke!  I need to go home and get some hot chocolate, and wear jammies so my butt doesn't hurt anymore!"   :P  See, it could just work!

Andi
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 12:12:17 pm by Anakalia »

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 01:42:07 pm »
I hope you didn't break your butt! 

Sadly, I have actually done this.  Well, not literally, but it felt like it.  I slid on ice on our front porch in Michigan and went sailing into the air, down two steps and landed on my rear end on the front walk below.  It hurt like h**l, and I had a huge bruise for about two weeks.  And there is just no dignified way to explain it to anyone!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Anakalia

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 01:48:55 pm »
I hope you didn't break your butt! 

Sadly, I have actually done this.  Well, not literally, but it felt like it.  I slid on ice on our front porch in Michigan and went sailing into the air, down two steps and landed on my rear end on the front walk below.  It hurt like h**l, and I had a huge bruise for about two weeks.  And there is just no dignified way to explain it to anyone!

Yep I've done the "fall on the butt" trick!  I'm super clumsy so it doesn't even suprise me anymore when I fall.  The worst though, was when I was pregnant.  I had to go out to start the car and slipped on ice and landed on my butt!  Thank god I didn't go into labor she still had a month to go, but I do think that extra weight in the mid section made my fall a little harder and of course when you're midsection is the size of a house you tend to loose lots of coordination.  My butt hurt for WEEKS after that!!  Thank goodness there was extra "padding" on my behind from my pregnancy otherwise I probably would have broken my butt and my back and my hip! hehee  I always knew that extra padding was good for something!

Andi

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 08:21:13 pm »
Poor Andi! Sorry your weekend sucked and that mine at the beach was so much fun.....but it balances out. At least you got to laugh at Koby the entire time!  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

dohertyswissy

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 10:28:56 pm »

YAY!!!  That would rock!  I thought I was safe this morning seeing as there was no snow, so I wore my super cool new spikey boots, and slipped on black ice in the parking lot.  So, not only did I not get to stay in jammies and drink hot chocolate, but I looked like a goober in front of important work people.

Yeah, send those dang dump trucks on over ... before its too late!!!

OMG!!  Jenn are you ok?  I hope you didn't break your butt!  I HATE slipping on ice, I've done it a few times, and did the "jump up and look to see if anyone saw me" thing.  And of course there has always been at least one person who seen me make a fool of myself!  So dang embarrassing!  I think you could use that to your advantage tho.  "Mr. Boss, I slipped and fell outside and I think my butts broke!  I need to go home and get some hot chocolate, and wear jammies so my butt doesn't hurt anymore!"   :P  See, it could just work!

Andi

My butt is okay.  Luckily there's lots of padding lol.  Its more my ego that's bruised :(

I did make the bossman feel sorry for me though after the Great Slip And Fall '05 ... so he got us donuts!!! YAY!!!  I doubt I'm getting out of the rest of the day of work though, with it being staff meeting day.  ARGH!!!  Stoopid staff meetings!  Keeping me from jammies and hot chocolate!

Funny story....so back in my college days, after a night of .... um.....drinkin g hot chocolate and singing koom-bah-yah....(yeah, that's it) ... we decided it was time to go to Waffle House.  Well, it had been icing like a bad word.  I jump out of the car and head towards the Waffle House in my black heels, b/c black heels are necessary for koom-bah-yah singing, and notice a couple folks didn't make it out of the car.  I run back to the car, slip on the ice, and fall...right on my hip and thigh.  Due to the large amount of hot chocolate, I just kind of limped it off and we all had a good laugh.  Next day, I wake up to a nice large bruise from my hip all the way down my thigh.  Quite attractive.

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2005, 12:02:29 am »
I NEED to see Tenchi in the scuba suit!! lol  Is it for the cold?  or Rain? 

Sorry hun, I was kicked offline most've the day.  However I did get pix of Tenchi in his Scuba snowsuit just for you.  ;D  It's just for cold, not rain.  It's not really a scuba suit, but it used to look like one.  I took off the back legs though because they were attached all the way, so they would fall around his knees.  Tenchi loves it though, it helps keep him toasty!  lol

BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Anakalia

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005, 12:34:07 am »
Moni, Tenchi is absolutely adorable in his scuba suit! lol  AND it looks like he enjoys wearing it while playing in the snow!!   ;D

Andi