Author Topic: Hot Seat #7 - Let's ask "guy" type questions of Newf Lover (Ryan)  (Read 25778 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Re: Hot Seat #7 - Let's ask "guy" type questions of Newf Lover (Ryan)
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2005, 12:41:56 pm »

How did you get in to gardening?  Growing up, my Mom had a huge vegetable garden and we had to help her with it.  It was hard work but we learned to value the results afterwards.  Although, Mom grew way too much Spinach and Tomatoes.  This was the 70s & 80s before the advent of yummy Heirlooms, and we ended up eating these bland, slimey tomatoes 4-5 dinners a week.  It took me several years before I liked tomatoes again.  But now I really love being able to eat my own, fresh, homegrown fruits and vegetables.  We are very lucky to have enough property to do so.

Who makes the major decision on what stays and what goes?  We have a gardener and we trust her decisions, plus we work on the garden on the weekends too so there's several folks deciding the layout.  We have an English garden, which in essence, is a garden that has as many plants, flowers, bushes, shrubs and trees crammed into it as possible.  You end up moving stuff around or pulling it, to accomodate growth and seasonal change.  We have really thinned things out because during the Spring it gets rediculous.  It is a lot of fun and I look forward to putting in lights so we can enjoy it during Spring & Summer nights.
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2005, 12:43:39 pm »
are you a channel surfer? 

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2005, 01:07:25 pm »

are you a channel surfer?  I guess I am.  I stick to about the same 15 channels, but every once in a while you find something good on a random channel.  I'm really trying to watch less TV these days, it's getting easier because there's so much crap on TV right now. 

« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 05:17:35 pm by Newf Lover »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2005, 05:03:21 pm »
if you could produce a TV show you know wouldn't be on the crap channel, what would it be?

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2005, 05:10:30 pm »

if you could produce a TV show you know wouldn't be on the crap channel, what would it be?   I don't know, how about the Maxim Magazine Show?  It's based on the format of the magazine: Girls, Sports, Beer, Gadgets, Fashion, Cars, Humor.  The Man Show kind of did that already I guess...

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2005, 11:31:52 am »
When you were in school were you the jock, class clown, nerd, stoner,  average joe or what?

What was your field of study and, looking back, would you change it?
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2005, 02:54:49 pm »
When you were in school were you the jock, class clown, nerd, stoner, average joe or what?  I was always a Nerd, I think it was partly because I was nice to everyone and that wasn't cool.  You had to be judgemental in order to be in the "cool" crowd.  I went to a small school with people like Sofia Coppola and Rob Mondavi, so you can imagine what that scene was like.  Plus, I went to school with the same people from Preschool to 12th grade, so once you were labeled, that's it.  But I was also a Jock/Artist which was a weird mix and people always gave me that look of "What is this jock doing in art class?"  Once they saw what I could do, their assumptions quickly ended.  I was a Stoner too, but so was everyone else.  Good times...

What was your field of study and, looking back, would you change it?  I received my BA in Art Studio at UC Davis.  That basically covered all of the Fine Arts.  I then went on to get my MFA in Illustration & 2D Animation at the Academy of Art College in San Francisco.  The only things I would change if I could would be that I would have gotten more internships while in school so I might have had good industry contacts and a better chace to get my career started.  Also, I might have taken some business classes, maybe even Minored in Business, so I would have better knowledge to market myself and the skills to show on my Resume.  But thats it, I'm destined to be in the creative industry, I wouldn't be happy doing anything else, even if I was making a lot of money.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 03:00:21 pm by Newf Lover »

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2005, 08:44:01 pm »
Your wife is a Blonde, is smart, & still has Blonde moments......g ive an example of your own (not your wife's) best "Blonde Moment".   ;D
-lauriew

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2005, 12:32:57 am »
Ok, Who's number 8?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2005, 11:42:05 am »
bump

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2005, 03:17:09 pm »

Your wife is a Blonde, is smart, & still has Blonde moments......g ive an example of your own (not your wife's) best "Blonde Moment".  I'm not blonde and I don't really have too many blonde moments, hmmm...  Honestly nothing really stands out.  I'm pretty forgetful though, I leave shit behind ALL the time and it drives Sarah nuts.  I think I do that because I'm always in a rush.  Last week I thought I had lost my wallet and it turned out to be on the shelve down in our basement.   I was just at Wolf's Camera making my Christmas Card order and I left behind the memory card to my camera.  I thought it was gone for sure but they have honest folks there and they kept it for me, thank god, I would have been in major trouble if we had to buy another $70 memory card just because of my forgetfulness.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2005, 03:18:27 pm »
Ok, Who's number 8?

What's wrong PupDaddy?  Are you getting bored of my long winded yet witty  responses?  I'm hurt....  :'(     This was getting to be such fun, WHAT-EVERRRRR!!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 03:20:14 pm by Newf Lover »

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2005, 04:06:42 pm »
No, you were just supposed to pick someone Sunday night!  :)
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2005, 07:06:11 pm »
No, you were just supposed to pick someone Sunday night!  :)

Oh, I didn't know that was my job.  OK, I'll have to think of someone to pick...

dohertyswissy

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2005, 07:08:26 pm »
Ya better hurry...the natives are getting restless and goddess knows we need some fun around here.....:)