Author Topic: OUR EXPERIENCE BY MYRISSA  (Read 5732 times)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
OUR EXPERIENCE BY MYRISSA
« on: December 10, 2005, 02:53:48 am »
Before I share my daughters story of this experience with Shadow, I have to tell you that I was very upset with my husband for letting hte dogs out and not putting them in the kennel.  I did not express this to my children, but as my husband called himslef  he felt like a "zero" when she dissapeared, and today he said he went from "zero to hero"  so true....  This is shared with his permission...

"The Lazy Trapper and a Father and Husband Who Went From Zero to Hero"
On Dec 7, my brothers little 10 week old lab went missing.  My father had let our male Kuvasz Aidan and our female Kuvasz Cali out with Shadow to for their daily routine potty break.  When he went to let them in Shadow was missing... My dad called for Shadow and she never came.  He took the snowmobile out looking for her and could not find her.  After not finding her my dad asked our neighbors, who trap wild game , to check their trap lines. My mom left a message telling them Shadow was missing and to please check their lines.  My brother is 11 and the proud owner of Shadow, when he got off the bus from school, he came in the house and mom told him she had something to tell him, he broke into tears and begged her not to tell him, my mom cried and my dad felt terrible..Two years ago my brother lost his best friend Shady around the same time.  My brother was far to traumatized to go to school the next day so he stayed home with my dad while my mom went to work, They looked for Shadow again, with no luck.  My dad decided to get a new puppy to try and help Anthony.  He took him to a man's house who had lab and Chesapeake puppies, my brother picked a pretty brown girl and named her Ginger.  He was happy but I could tell he was still sad..We started to lose faith that Shadow would be found, and thought an Eagle had taken her, after a few days of storms and below zero weather my mom and I were very discouraged.  Wer looked everywhere we thought dad had missed.  Today my dad was working on our kennel, and thought he heard Shadow!  He went out for one final time.  He looked all over the woods where he thought he heard her, he trespassed on our neighbors property and finally found her in one of their traps.  She was crying and yelling so loud...When my mom got home dad was waving his arms and my mom thought something bad had happened, but it was good news...Dad had Shadow....Mom was crying, Anthony was crying, and Shadow gave Anthony a big hug...Dad called everyone who had been looking for her and told them she was found.   
There is a reason there are trapping laws, no animal deserves to suffer, wild or a pet.  It is important to check everyday.  To be responsible, our puppy was trapped 4 days and lived, that is terrible. Lazy trappers should not be trapping.  My dad is my hero. He says he went from "zero to Hero"  He is all of our hero he saved my brothers baby..."
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Kiahpyr

Re: OUR EXPERIENCE BY MYRISSA
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 01:19:52 pm »
The story is told wonderfully by your daughter. How old is she? It's such a miracle that your hubby found Shadow alive. A great Christmas memory. I'm so happy for your family!

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 01:47:00 pm »
Myrissa will be 13 on December 23.  She is (in my opinion) an incredible writer, this is the first time she has wrote this way, usually she composes peotry that blows me away.  and yes daddy is puffed up like a rooster in strut!
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 01:52:48 pm »
Great job Myrissa! This deserves to be published somewhere! The state gaming board, or something in that area should definatley have a chance to read this. I hope that the man who failed to set the trap poor little Shadow was in can get a chance to read this. Maybe the words of a child could shame him into realizing how irresponsible he is.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 06:47:31 pm »
I will send it to the state gaming board I am also sending it in to the newspaper along with aq letter for the editor.
Storm Jameson

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 11:41:35 am »
I used to work for our local newspaper and I won't be surprised if they come out and do a full-blown story on this. They should be ashamed of themselves if they pass up this opportunity.

Tell Myrissa she did a wonderful job! Is she involved in 4-H where you live? This would be a great project for her.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain