Author Topic: I'm Saying My GOODBYES to PETRA TONIGHT  (Read 14709 times)

Lyn

Re: I'm Saying My GOODBYES to PETRA TONIGHT
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2005, 09:33:29 am »
 :'( I've been following your post about Petra. And I know you've done everything humanly possible to try and help her overcome her past. You gave her love and a wonderful life. You and Petra are in my thoughts.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2005, 09:42:03 am »
So so sorry, I too thought you had a miracle on your hands, but obviously the abuse was too, too  much to overcome. We'll send prayers your way. :'(

BTW, you are an amazing person. If anyone on this board deserves a big gold star for patience, it's you. Once that hole in your heart begins to heal, I hope, no I expect to see at least one more big paws in your home and pictures posted on this board.

Check in here often, whenever you need to, today and in the future. There's always a friend on the board.

Deena
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 11:01:34 am by Good Hope »

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2005, 11:12:22 am »
Sherry, I can only echo what everyone else has said. You definitely gave it your all and don't think Petra doesn't know that. Like you said, she will be released from her demons today and when she meets you at the bridge she will great you with a smile and a gentle nudge with peace in her heart.

She was sent to you for a reason. I trust you will take the lessons you learned from Petra and use them to spread the word on the permanent effects of abuse. You were her angel. Now she is yours.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2005, 11:13:22 am »
I'm sorry you have to go through this. Hang in there and take care of yourself in this difficult time. You know you have lots of support here. Maybe when the time is right you can take in another dog who is more balanced, and you will be able to give all that love that you have to someone who will give it back to you.

I feel for you. :'(

dohertyswissy

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2005, 11:17:36 am »
Sherry...Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you today.  You have done everything you could to make Petra's life wonderful while she was here.  Please do not think you have failed her. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you today.  Know that you will ALWAYS have friends here at BPO.

Hugs,
Heather and Ranger

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2005, 11:22:35 am »
I am so sorry.  You have not fail, you havegiven her more then any one else would have.  You and your family will be in my thoughts.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2005, 11:34:12 am »
that is a tough thing to do.  I'm sorry for your heart break.   :'(

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2005, 12:16:26 pm »
Sherry, I'm so sorry. You have not failed Petra but have done everything you could have. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2005, 12:58:07 pm »
Sherry,
You didn't fail Petra.  You worked hard to help her more than most people would.  You gave her a chance and home that she learned what it was like to be loved.  We're all thinking of you.  Our deepest condolences.

God speed Petra.
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline lil_princess724

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2005, 01:00:21 pm »
I am so sorry. I wish i oculd take away your pain. you are in our thoughts. sorry.
Cassandra
        Bailey's mom

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2005, 01:06:29 pm »
Sherry,

I don't post often but I read every day and love all of the dogs on this site...Petra included. I've been following your plight for some time and have to commend you on your love, care and perserverance.

When a dog is sick physically, it's so much easier to make the decision to let go. My Porter had cancer and when I finally said goodbye, I knew that he was hurting and it wasn't right to keep him with me when he could run over the Bridge pain free.  But I could *see* the sickness. I knew it hurt.  Maybe it's harder when you can't see the sickness but Petra is hurting, too, and now she'll feel just as free as Portie does. No more hurts, no more worries, and will be able to look down on you and her family without the haze of sickness anymore.  She'll finally be able to *be* Petra. 

You have *succeeded* at loving a special soul.  One that many would have never taken the chance on.  You did, and now Petra has been loved.  If that's not a success, I don't know what is! If all parents of fur and skin kids were as loving as you, the world would be a better place.  I'm very proud of you and will be thinking of you all today and in the future. Take care, Sherry and Petra. 

Julie

Well said.
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179