Author Topic: PLEASE READ...  (Read 6156 times)

smohr

PLEASE READ...
« on: December 11, 2005, 11:01:04 pm »
WILL YOU ALL PLEASE READ REPLY # 64 TO THE PETRA DISCUSSION (Advice @ Petra??? Please Help) TODAY?  Please; please.

I am at peace now with a decision I already knew in my heart was the correct one.   :-\

YOU ARE ALL THE BEST PEOPLE TO HELP AND COMFORT WHEN A PET IS IN TROUBLE!!!  I sincerely mean that.   :)

Sherry - Petra's mommy
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 11:06:45 pm by smohr »

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: PLEASE READ...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 11:12:58 am »
As I sit here and cry, I know that you did what was in your heart and that is all that matters. You've done all that you can. We love you Sherry and are here whenever you need us. 
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 12:09:52 pm »
Sherry, I know this was possibly the most difficult decision you have ever had to make. The tribute you wrote to Petra was beautiful, poignant and those are the memories you will keep forever. She was a beautiful dog and now the beauty in her soul is what will live on as the torment in her heart is released.

We welcome you here always and wrap you in our collective arms as you move through this.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 12:56:49 pm »
I feel so sorry for you, noone should have to make decisions like that, ever. You did it with integrity and lots of care and love for Petra.

I hope to see you around here a lot, and you know you always have friends and support here.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 01:23:44 pm »
Sherry,

I commend you for the dignity you diplayed and the love you showed for Petra. I am sure her trip accross the Rainbow Bridge will be quick and her tongue and tail will wag with joy to be released from the torment she suffered.

Rich
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 01:26:38 pm by Winslow 151 »
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 01:45:59 pm »
Sherry, I am so sorry for you.  I think everyone here at BPO has shed a tear over Petra at some point or another, and hoped it would somehow work out.  Some dogs are just too damaged.  You did the best you could by her, and that is all anyone can do.  I applaud your efforts and the love you gave her, and the happiness that you were able to bring her.
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 02:17:55 pm »
I am so sorry you had to be faced with such a difficult decision. You really did so much for Petra, you really had patience with her. You knew her best, you interacted with her day  by day. You knew in your heart the decision you had to make was the best for all involved. I commend you for being such a great dog owner. May you have peace in your heart. Petra, godspeed lil girl.
We are here for you smhor.
Michelle
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 02:18:34 pm by Icerotti »