Author Topic: My newest foster  (Read 4717 times)

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
My newest foster
« on: December 14, 2005, 12:59:33 am »
I just realized I had not shared any pics of my newest foster, and I've had him for a month. This is Ranger. He's eight months old, weighs around 65 pounds, and is an absolutely wonderful crazy puppy. He's got spring loaded legs, and hops around like a frog. He and Kendra chase and chew on each other until they drop. He can even get Earl to play with him.

He did learn a hard lesson yesterday. First, if you drop your rawhide chip, Earl will get it. Second, if Earl gets your rawhide, don't try to get it back, you'll just get your butt kicked (and bitten, clawed, etc)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 01:00:50 am by PupDaddy »

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: My newest foster
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 08:26:10 am »
Ranger is a handsome boy!  ;D

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 08:33:51 am »
He's so cute... so very cute... look at that cheeky little face, he just looks so full of mischief... good job I'm in the UK.  :D

Mmmmm *thinks about the collateral damage to the house a young TM and Pyr could do together*  :o  :o  :o  ;)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 10:11:56 am »
He's so cute!! I'm happy to hear he's getting along well with your furbabies.

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 09:58:50 pm »
Awww Pup Daddy, he's cute.

Good luck with him.

Tell us a little about him.  Does he need to stay with you for a while?  For medical treatment or anything?  How old is he?  Any bites on adoption?

Tina
I'm sure he was a super-cute baby pup, that grew into a normal pyr, (that is a 55 pound eating, pooping, humping, destructo machine). He had jumed the fence at his former home, so they had him chained to his house. A rescuers boyfriend asked if the people wanted him anymore, and they didn't. Nobody else in the group could take him, so he stayed with me. I'll only keep him until we find him a home. No nibbles so far on adoption.

He's learned not to jump on me. I've introduced him to the Gentle Leader, which he hates, but he is walking better. Over my Christmas break, I'll spend some time doing some more training. I haven't had the heart to tell him he's not a lap dog anymore, so he still get into my lap every night. Luckly for me, it doesn't last too long.

No serious medical issues,  but he will not stand on his back left leg when he's standing still (which is almost never!) He doesn't mind it when he's playing, so I'm not worried about it. I've manipulated his hip, upper and lower leg, and all his toes, and he doesn't mind it at all.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 12:04:01 pm »
some more training. I haven't had the heart to tell him he's not a lap dog anymore, so he still get into my lap every night. Luckly for me, it doesn't last too long.

::) ::) ::) ::) NO LAP DOG? haha good luck telling him that, I have tried with all mine but they are still convinced they weigh 10 lbs and can fit comfortably in my lap. And I am sure it is comfortable, never mind mommy who is trying to watch tv between the legs of a 150 lbs dog or is grasping for air  ::) :P ;D

He is super cute though, good luck with him, seems like someone who shouldnt be too much problem to find a good home for  :D

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 12:24:12 pm »
No serious medical issues,  but he will not stand on his back left leg when he's standing still (which is almost never!) He doesn't mind it when he's playing, so I'm not worried about it. I've manipulated his hip, upper and lower leg, and all his toes, and he doesn't mind it at all.

I'd be worried about his hip.  Our Pyrs seem to have a very high pain tolerance..... Bella's hip was out of socket & all she did was walk funny - ran just fine, stood on it just fine, acted just fine (other than being the Queen B), but it was out none the less & the ortho vet had to put it back in place (which she tolerated without a sound).............. a dog that won't stand on a leg needs attention - jmho.
-lw

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 03:21:24 am »

I'd be worried about his hip.  Our Pyrs seem to have a very high pain tolerance..... Bella's hip was out of socket & all she did was walk funny - ran just fine, stood on it just fine, acted just fine (other than being the Queen B), but it was out none the less & the ortho vet had to put it back in place (which she tolerated without a sound).............. a dog that won't stand on a leg needs attention - jmho.
-lw
Thank you Dr. Laurie, I'll get him checked out. But since you're suggesting we spend SPIN money, I'll suggest you have the next Garage Sale so we can pay for it!   ;D

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 12:10:01 pm »
Thank you Dr. Laurie, I'll get him checked out. But since you're suggesting we spend SPIN money, I'll suggest you have the next Garage Sale so we can pay for it!   ;D

Ha ha ha!  Moi?  Moi?  Suggest you spend SPIN money?  Oh non non non NON!!!!   Ex Prez CT guilt tripped me into spending MY MONEY on my fosters that needed medical care......mayb e you'll have better luck with her?  And believe it or not.......I HATE Garage sales!  But - yes, you can have the next one at my place! (since it's for a good cause!)   :D