Author Topic: Error of judgement!  (Read 4528 times)

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Error of judgement!
« on: December 19, 2005, 07:11:52 pm »
I took Flynn out for his tea time walk this evening. I'd just come back from town after doing my last minute shopping:

Error of judgement 1 - I got changed into my dog walking clothes, decided I wouldn't bother putting my hiking boots on and shoved the nearest pair of old trainers on.

So I took him up the road and planned on just doing a short 10 minute walk, all on tarmac footpaths for me, but with access to plenty of grass for Flynn. So he's having a good mooch and I see two lads walking down towards us with two dogs.

Error of judgement  2 - To let them past, I move onto the grass and walk a few feet, bearing in mind I have a pair of trainers so old they have no tread on the bottom and it's been raining all day... recipe for disaster and what happens next.

Flynn sees the dogs and pulls twards them. I pull back, he pulls harder the closer they get and the lads stop and ask me what sort of dog he is. One last pull by Flynn and I'm on my backside in the mud, shouting at him to stop pulling as he's dragging me along. He turns round to look at me in disgust, so stops for long enough for me to get on my knees and takes off again. This time I go face down and get dragged about 10 feet till he actually gets to the dogs who are, luckily, friendly. No mean feet seeing as I must weigh about 220 pounds! Oh well, at least it was a nice soft landing!

I manage to get to my feet and I really admire the lads for not wetting themselves laughing. They ask me a few more questions while the dogs get to know each other. All I could think was thank goodness it's dark and I decided to go home before Flynn got me in any more trouble. He's SO getting his photo taken in the antlers or christmas hat as revenge!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 07:15:51 pm by Senghe »

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
Re: Error of judgement!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 07:30:11 pm »
Glad to see you made it one piece! I now understand the importance of hiking boots.
I'm sure I'll be telling that story before too long....oh I dread the day!  :'(    ;D
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Error of judgement!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 11:15:38 pm »
Hahahaa....... ......sorry. Those errors in judgement will kill 'ya!   ;)