Author Topic: Samson & the bunny...  (Read 10187 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Samson & the bunny...
« on: May 11, 2005, 08:17:44 pm »
Yesterday morning while taking my daughter to school I saw a pet bunny loose...A gorgeous black Holland Lop...Of coarse I stopped & caught it with the help of the lady whos yard it was in...She didn't know who it belonged to & after calling the police, all 3 vets in town, the Humane Society & putting an ad in the paper I decided to foster the bunn until I could find it's owner or find a good home for it...Weeelllll llll, the only available suitable place I had for the bunn was Samson's crate...So, "Little Boy Blue" is currently residing in Samson's house & though maybe a bit confused he is really being a good boy about it!...He LOVES this bunny!...He lays outside his crate & touches noses with it & just watches it...Today I was petting the bunn & Samson came to get a closer look & tried to get in the crate with it...lol...He was so excited!...I made him calm down as he was scaring the poor little thing & he layed down & just put his head in the crate...In a short time the bunny came up & sniffed Samson layed down & touched noses with him!...They layed like that for quite awhile...each content with the others company...It was the sweetest thing!...Also, if a cat comes into the room Samson will stand up as it passes by the crate & lie back down only when he is sure "his" bunny is safe...I have SUCH a good boy!

Offline stjennifer2413

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Samson & the bunny...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 11:50:57 am »
Congratulation s.  It sounds like you have a new pet.  ;-)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 02:48:19 pm »
Oh no!...lol...I already have 2 house bunnies who are a severly bonded pair...I am trying to find the owners to this bunny & am also screening homes incase I can't...I have two potential forever homes for him...both where he would be a house bunny...One is a sister to a vet here in town & she would agree to have him fixed which is the only way he's going anywhere!...Anyway, ty for the congrats...lol ...We are enjoying him very much while he is here...He is a sweetie!

Offline jdumin

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
    • Wolfie & Freddie: The New Puppy
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 08:24:47 am »
awww - did you get any pictures of Samson with the bunny?  I would love to see that!!  What a cute story.  And he's a beautiful pyr, btw.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 08:58:28 pm »
The black Holland Lop I found last Tuesday morning has gone home!...I got a call tonight from a woman whos co-worker told her about my ad in the paper....Evide ntly they don't get that paper...After answering my questions satisfactorly about how he got loose, how he lives, what they feed, & a description I told them to come get him...Not 10 minutes later & very nice woman & her obviously happy teeneage daughter came to claim him....The girl took him & he snuggled right into her....He lives in their garage because when they tried to make him a house bunny they said it made the house smell so bad...I told them the glories of neutering & took them to see my Jack to show them there was not a bad smell like that with a fixed male...I then referred them to my vet & they said they would do it & try to bring him back in the house!...They have had him for 2 & 1/2 years & he is in great shape & well loved so I was happy to send him home BUT I already miss the little cuddle butt...lol!....Samson has his crate back but I can tell he misses the little bunny too...All in all a happy ending though! ;D

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 09:00:00 pm »
Ty for the compliment on my Sammy Whammy!...I took pics & will post when I get the film finished & developed!