Author Topic: Pits?  (Read 2742 times)

Offline kellyg

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Pits?
« on: May 11, 2005, 09:10:52 pm »
Anyone else have a Pit or Pit mix?  My Chico is a Pit-Pointer mix.  I'll try to post a pic later!
Kelly G

Offline crayola_junkie

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Pits?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 08:34:49 am »

Hi, altho i dont have pits of my own i take care of 2 pit bulls full time (6 days a week) and i totally adore them. Jade is a 2 year old staffordshire pit bull terrier and Max is a 5 week old american pit bull terrier. They are both rescues, Jade was being used, basically, as a baby maker...within the 1st year of her life she had 3 litters, and when her previous owner found out she needed to have emergency surgery, he beat her severely and then sold her for $50. My best friend swooped in and adopted her...and it was the best thing she could have ever done. Jade is a wonderful dog, a true part of my family and my friends family. My friend travels alot and cannot care for Jade and Max so they live at my house full time. Max was found abandoned at a car wash near my home about 2 weeks ago, a trip to the vet revealed that at the time he was 3 weeks old and he is an american pit bull in poor health. We are nursing him back to health and he is doing great!  He is a lil ham, very loving (but loves to chew on everything, including arms and fingers). He is being bottle fed, and loves to be held. He is a brindle pit and Jade and all black with a bit of white on her face and neck....

Offline JaxandLivi

• Gnawer
  • My Little Babies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 01:11:38 pm »
You are a life saver!  Please post pics if you can.  I think the Pit breeds are such wonderful dogs.  It's too bad the breed is considered mean and dangerous.  Just like human beings, though, being brought up in the wrong environment can cause good dogs/people to go bad.  Good luck!
Michelle

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 02:03:14 pm »
I actually know someone right now looking to re-home a pit bull. He's in the military and just got re-station orders. I'm not happy about him not taking his dog with him.... I know it would be difficult and the dog would have to be in quarenteen, but I'm still not happy about it.
Her name is Mia (me-ya) and she's just under 2 years old, UTD on shots and not fixed ( but he willing to pay to have her fixed for whoever takes her).  She's a reddish/brown with the pretty dark lines around her eyes, weighs about 55 lbs and is not docked.
Housebroken, knows commands, gives high 5 and can catch pop corn in her mouth!
Unfortunatly there is no pit bull rescue here in Maine. I can not take in another dog right now...we've got a full house. But I'm doing all I can to help find a good responsible home for her cause I can't deal with the thought of her going to a shelter here. Pit bulls and similer breeds are often put down as soon as they're taken in to the shelter without even placing them for adoption.
I don't have a pic of her, but I'll try to get one and post it. If anyone happens to be able to help, please get in touch with me. I will drive her to a good home myself if need be.

Vicki