Author Topic: Soft claws for dogs  (Read 3140 times)

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Soft claws for dogs
« on: December 26, 2005, 11:38:16 am »
Has anyone ever tried soft claws for dogs or any product like it that would help with sliding on bare floors? Since we've been cooped up in the house for the winter Ive noticed them playing more inside & sliding around way too much for my liking. I found this product on a site "all pets considered" & it was developed by a vet sounds like it could be good.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Dobe SDs

Re: Soft claws for dogs
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 11:56:03 am »
You may want to contact the company and ask them about putting them on "big" kids.  I've heard they work really well on little dogs, but don't fit well / or last long on bigger breeds.  But they may have fixed that by developing some kind of super-sized fit and durability.  Good luck and let us know what you find out!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 03:01:21 pm »
I did use them on smaller dogs and cats when grooming, I have never used them on my dogs or put them on real big ones though. For the slipping and sliding I would probably try what a lot of people use in showrings to prevent slipping, its a wax kinda stuff you massage into their pads, its good for them and really helps with the slipping. I used it all the time on my danes when I showed them. That was in sweden, but I have seen those products here too.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Dobe SDs

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 03:30:02 pm »
Try cherrybrook.co m for the paw wax-stuff.  I've seen it there and they tend to specialize in show dog goodies.

Offline -Molly-

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 03:42:36 pm »
Weird never heard of it ???
Distance makes the heart grow fonder.