Author Topic: Kodak Easy share Pictures  (Read 3714 times)

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Kodak Easy share Pictures
« on: December 28, 2005, 03:42:29 pm »
Would anyone know how I can post more than a couple pictures? Right now I edit them and make them BEST FOR WEB. Is there another way to make them small enough and still have a nice picture? I tried the thumbnail for the ones I just posted of Kaiser but they are too small.
Thanks
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

lins_saving_grace

Re: Kodak Easy share Pictures
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 03:45:01 pm »
when you open it and it opens in Microsoft picture editor...go into image...down to resize and type in a smaller number than 100 to resize it to under 200 KB or so.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 03:46:38 pm by lins_saving_grace »

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 03:55:56 pm »
I always use my Kodak software. Is there any way I can make them smaller with that program or do I have to use microsoft?
Coonie

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 04:02:34 pm »
kodak easyshare software will download them to the size at which they were taken.  you have to edit them in microsoft.
I do that because the emails of pics i send to my parents take forever to download unless I make them smaller than 200 KB.   and it's easier to download them here too. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 04:07:10 pm by lins_saving_grace »

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 04:08:43 pm »
Thanks Lins. I was hopeing I wouldnt have to do that. I can get them down to about 100kb sometimes with easyshare but not all the time. Im not to good with having to figure out this computer but Ill try the Microsoft. I hate having my pictures in a million places.
Coonie

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 04:14:30 pm »
It's a pain sometimes.  I have to use the "good" quality on my old Easy Share to get under 200 without editing in Microsoft.  With the new Easyshare I got for XMas I have to use the 1.8/low quality to get a 400 or so KB then edit them again. 

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 04:20:03 pm »
I just got a Kodak Easyshare at Christmas (my gift from me to me!) and I transfer my pix from my camera to the Kodak program, then click on the ones I want to resize and click on "open in explorer".  That puts the pix into a folder in 'my pictures' in Microsoft, and not in Kodak.  Then hit edit, and image, and where it says  stretch/skew, I type in 50% height and 50% width. Sometimes I do 50% again on both, and it gets the photos down to about 30kb, without losing hardly any of the quality if you're shooting at 3.1 mp to begin with. Hope this makes sense.
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 04:22:34 pm »
I'll have to try doing them all at once like that.  I know mine automatically save to the hard drive once i download them to the kodak software so I don't like to duplicate them.

What kind of easyshar did you get?  I love both of mine.

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 04:26:39 pm »
It's a 330 w/ printer & dock.  Still playing around a bit to try to figure out what all it will do that I am not aware of yet :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 04:29:27 pm »
It's a 330 w/ printer & dock.  Still playing around a bit to try to figure out what all it will do that I am not aware of yet :)

I think that's the same one I got...with the printer dock. it's 5.0 MP with a 10X zoom. it is a little weird to figure out.  The girls are getting sick of the flash and that little (really bright) green light that glares at them while the camera is focusing.
I love that little printer. 

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005, 04:57:32 pm »
Hey, can ya advise me: how do you get those great videos of your girls on the youtube thing????

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2005, 05:10:27 pm »
from my old camera...which is the same concept as the new one. 

take a video.  download it to easyshare just like you do with your pictures.  once the video is on easyshare save it to your hard drive.  I have my computer set to change the format to a media player version on the veiwer.  ignore easyshare when it says you'll need quick time to view the video.  with the change in format you won't need it.
go to youtube.com and sign up for an account.   in your account go to upload videos and on browse (once you name your video and add a description and tag in the pet category) click on the video in the place you've saved it on your computer and click on upload.  in a little bit it will play and you can copy the link youtube gives you and paste it here or in an email to send people.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2005, 01:47:18 am »
Thanks so much for the advice.
I love my Kodak and cant wait to get the newest one. Maybe next X-mas.
Coonie

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2005, 10:50:57 am »
they are great.  I finally looked at the numbers on mine...it's the Z740.  pretty cool. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2006, 02:33:59 pm »
I'd like to recant the above.  I've been playing around with what I've found to be the latest version of easyshare...5. 0.  this has an option to download pictures at a lower quailty...and allowing you to possibly skip the reduction/resizing of the pictures in your documents.  I'll let you know if it works and how small I can get them as soon as I find out. 
just found this out today...so live and learn...and I am learning (even old dogs can learn new tricks) :)