Author Topic: Kuvie for sure I think but what else?  (Read 6582 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Kuvie for sure I think but what else?
« on: December 29, 2005, 03:54:42 am »
Here is our Kuvie girl, Rosie...She is a 2 to 3 yr. old rescue & has the Kuv face for sure but she must be a mix...But I can't figure out what!!...Her coat was almost Lab smooth when we got her but she had almost a Great Pyrenees ruff around her neck...I would have guessed Gr. Pyr./Kuv mix but she is too small...63 lbs. when we pulled her from the shelter & her coat is all wrong...It is filling out around her hind end. back legs, & shoulders but she is still smooth inbetween...Wh at else could she be??

Offline queenkofsnow

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Kuvie for sure I think but what else?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 09:49:40 am »
Wow is she pretty!!  That's a Kuv face for sure...no mistaking that!!!!!!!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 09:52:45 am »
Wow she is so gorgeous. I am sticking to my original feeling that she is part Anatolian or Akbash. What a fine lady you have there!

The first pic is a white Anatolian and the second is two pyr/anatolian sisters. The thing about Anatolians is their coats can be short, medium, or long- all three are acceptable.

That's my best guess! :D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 11:57:21 am »
Wow she is so gorgeous. I am sticking to my original feeling that she is part Anatolian or Akbash. What a fine lady you have there!

The first pic is a white Anatolian and the second is two pyr/anatolian sisters. The thing about Anatolians is their coats can be short, medium, or long- all three are acceptable.

That's my best guess! :D
Wow!...Tha pics of the sisters...The dog on the right looks just like her!!...& she holds her head like that all the time...Just like that!...She has this funny way of cocking her head to look at you where her head is like almsot pointed backwards...Sh e reminds me of a parrot when she does it...lol!...The wierd things is although she shows distinct LGD behaivor she is quiet about it...Not alot of barking m& she loves everyone right away.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 12:00:03 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 01:13:35 pm »
Hey Gyp, keep in mind too that if your weather is at all wonky like ours out here, her coat might be reacting odlly too. Apollo looks completely backward, his ruff and "running pants" (that's what we call them anyway :D) came in thick and heavy, and the rest of his coat was starting to come in, and then the temps warmed *way* up, and he started blowing coat everywhere again. Now, he just looks funny with the ruff'n'pants!
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 02:21:08 pm »
Chelle,

Yes, her coat may not be right because of weatherand past nutritional issues. So wait and see. What is the texture of her coat? Kuvasz is very soft, with those longer hair more course. If she is a cross, I would bet Anatolian (white.)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 11:27:53 pm »
Chelle,

Yes, her coat may not be right because of weatherand past nutritional issues. So wait and see. What is the texture of her coat? Kuvasz is very soft, with those longer hair more course. If she is a cross, I would bet Anatolian (white.)

He coat very soft & the long hair is coarse...She doesn't exibit the LGD personality my other two do though...She loves everyone & is quick to go greet even strangers with a tail wag...She is not the slightest bit aloof...That is in the house...I don't know what would happen if someone came in the ayrd because it is winter & we don't hang out there...She barks about 90% less than my boys but they are still pups & she is supposed to be between 2 & 3...When they are barking at something they percieve as bark worthy she is usually out in front heading up the pack to check it out though.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 07:22:06 am »
Well, that's a Kuvasz coat, texturewise. It can be very curly like Sapphire's, Beauty's, etc. or a very slight wavy (as she has in the pictures.) Some Kuvasz are friendly, although most are aloof with strangers. They usually do not bark or get in your face unless they perceive a threat. Then the are the dog right there in the front. I don't know Chelle. I just think we need to wait and see. The more people I talk to with Kuvasz, the greater the extremes in personality and temperment I am finding these dogs have. Let's see if she grows more too. You may see her becoming more assertive and aloof if she is young.

Deena