Author Topic: Grace is all about being a HAM!  (Read 4631 times)

lins_saving_grace

Grace is all about being a HAM!
« on: December 29, 2005, 09:48:01 am »
My little stinker

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Re: Grace is all about being a HAM!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 05:05:21 pm »
So darn cute! There is nothing else that elicits the urge to bundle up and squeeeeeeeeze like these rottie girls do! Do you ever squeeze them? I squeeze Betti and she lets out this UhhhhhhhHHHHH! grunt sound.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 05:07:29 pm »
I squeeze her all the time.  she does this thing and has since she was a puppy...that I call a "backwards hug".  she sits between my knees and I grab her from behind and hug hug hug.  she rolls her head up and kisses my cheeks ever so softly...then we wiggle and jiggle and she squirms till she's loose then makes me rub her butt. 

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 07:22:09 pm »
...then we wiggle and jiggle and she squirms till she's loose then makes me rub her butt. 

Hahaha!  That's my Dar! 'rub my butt..scratch my butt..then rub my butt again!'  I love big ol' lovin' dogs!  Grace is very photogenic!
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 08:41:55 pm »
They are beautiful.
Their coats are so shiny and healthy they could be on a dog food commercial!
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 09:51:16 am »
thank you!  she is my "Star".  She's finally coming into her big dogness with barking and gaurding.  she's going a little overboard but I'm sure she'll find a happy medium sometime.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 11:08:24 am »
She's so cute! I'm hoping Kiah will find a happy medium soon too. Lately that's all she ever does is goes outside and bark and bark and bark.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 11:11:29 am »
They like coming into their own...like you though...I'm hoping it's a "happy" medium and not the extreme she went to yesterday.  she gave what for to a friend of ours who stopped by...and she's met him about 10 times. 

Blair

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 11:51:32 am »
 :) She is so beautiful, and she knows it too LOL

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 12:00:17 pm »
Little Grace is a totaly ham but the camera loves her!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 02:01:44 pm »
thanks guys!  :)  she certainly is a photogenic little thing.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 02:01:45 pm »
My bf and I went to Portland over the weekend where we stayed with his brother and his family. I tried sleeping inside with Betti in the living room, but their cat was outside crying to come in and Betti was restless, so at 3am I took her out to the car where I finally slept. The next morning when I was sitting in a chair in the living room reading, Chris and his brother came in the front door. Betti completely flipped out. She let out a loud bark, then she ran with her ears tucked back, slinking along the ground like a rocket and shot up into the chair and tunneled behind me. She sat shaking visibly for about twenty minutes. For the most part she is confident, but every once in a while there is a situation that is unexpected like that and she runs behind mommy for protection.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 02:03:46 pm »
My bf and I went to Portland over the weekend where we stayed with his brother and his family. I tried sleeping inside with Betti in the living room, but their cat was outside crying to come in and Betti was restless, so at 3am I took her out to the car where I finally slept. The next morning when I was sitting in a chair in the living room reading, Chris and his brother came in the front door. Betti completely flipped out. She let out a loud bark, then she ran with her ears tucked back, slinking along the ground like a rocket and shot up into the chair and tunneled behind me. She sat shaking visibly for about twenty minutes. For the most part she is confident, but every once in a while there is a situation that is unexpected like that and she runs behind mommy for protection.
Unexpected is a good word.  They think they know everything until one day someone comes in their house with a noisy jacket or funny glasses or the things they know as normal are disturbed.  :)  They are such an interesting breed.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2006, 02:24:56 pm »
Have you noticed Lady or Grace looking up, examining the sky or ceiling when in unfamiliar territory? I actually read in a book that rottweilers are inquisitive about what is above them. It is definitely true. It's funny to watch.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2006, 02:31:26 pm »
Now that you mention it I guess I have...mostly at the vet when they aren't sniffing the door crack.  I thought she was just loosing her train of thought or not paying attention. Other than the vet, they're pretty busy taking over their new surroundings. 
That's gotta be why the vet told us to have new people approach them from lower and under.
Grace is a "star gazer" on a normal basis though.  that would explain why she always runs into things...not watching where she's going. 
I'll have to pay closer attention next time they're in a strange place.