Author Topic: SOO PI**ED....VENT!!  (Read 18764 times)

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
SOO PI**ED....VENT!!
« on: December 29, 2005, 04:58:04 pm »
This morning Matthew (he's home, he's home!!) and I were talking and there was a knock at the door (about 8 AM).  {Tonka was in the BY going potty and playing...he had been out for about 15 mins}  When I opened the door it was the base police (SP) and they said they were doing BY inspections (clue #1...SPs don't do BY inspections that is the job of base housing) and they noticed our dogs water bowl was empty  (this happens when they drink it! and he is never out for more than 30 mins at a time so his main water bowl is kept inside) well I told the cops this and that he always has plenty of water, even outside but he does drink it all sometimes....w ell the cop says he refilled the bowl for him.  He then goes on to tell us that he is concerned because our dog is thin and doesn't look like he is fed!!  WTF!!!!  I told him, he is a great dane...they are slender dogs! he says OH....and he leaves after that!
Well I called and talked to the supervisors cuz I was pis*ed and when I was talking I told him "that a couple of SPs had been to the house and what they had said, he said...ooh yeah, someone called about your pit bull (WHAT F-ING PIT BULL??) ...I told him I had a great dane (oops it had been reported as a sickly pit bull??)  I said "first of all....the fact that they entered my BY without checking to see if I was home first was irresponsible because I would be liable if my dog had done anything to them, and second of all if they wanted me to have him evaluated by a vet or animal control (anyone that has any clue about dogs) then I would happily do so to prove my dog is in perfect health.  He said not necessary and apologized and that the two officers would be briefed on the errors of their visit.
I am just soo mad!  What A-holes!  Tonka is nothing short of spoiled and Ugh!!  I am just irritated.  And what kind of idiot thought he was a pit bull....
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: SOO PI**ED....VENT!!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 05:19:51 pm »
What morons! I would be pissed if someone went into my backyard uninvited or unannounced as well.  I'm glad you called to complain and I hope you receive a formal apology.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 05:38:17 pm »
Thats bad, first thing that came to my mind was. If you have a gate and they entered without your permission or a search order, it would be concidered tresspassing right? Cops cant just walk into someones property or into someones house as they like.

About the pitbull, haha it is a bit funny because if you have a large dog especially young ones that yet hasnt turned into their typical looks, they can be mistaken for a loooot of breeds, my Galahad has been a bloodhound, a st.bernard/blood hound mix and boxer lol. One cant but laugh, but I feel your anger, I would be furious if anyone just waltzed into my BY.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 05:38:50 pm »
OMG I cant believe they did that. What a bunch of a**H**es. Good for you for calling. Pit Bull??Obviously they arent too swift to begin with.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 07:04:08 pm »
The fact that a) they can't tell the differnece between a pitbull and a great dane puppy and b) they were willing to walk unnanouced into a yard where they thought there was an underfed, hence potentially rather p*ssed pitbull says everything. Idiots.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 08:24:58 pm »
Well, as it was on a military base, I'm not surprised they didn't know what the heck kind of dog he was.  No one around here has a clue about what kind of breed anything is.

As for going in your yard unannounced, although not protocol, it doesn't surprise me either.  MP's can be such *&$#heads when it comes to stuff like that.  I had one at the gate tell me once I had to have Keiko kenneled in my back seat.  WTF??!!  Ummmm......... ..the only kind of kennel she can fit in would never fit in my backseat.  I ignored him and have never been asked that again......... .....and now I have Gunther to glare at them every time we come back on base from the dog park.  Heehee   ;D

Dobe SDs

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 09:35:28 pm »
I'm so sorry you had such an awful day.  Must have been a boring day for the SPs.  My Dobermans have never been mistaken for Pit Bulls, but our little black Lab has.  I don't know where I got this picture, but it is floating around the anti-BSL sites.  Hope it helps:

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 12:42:34 am »
That is really bad!!!   What if he had escaped or tried to defend your property...the y are definately way out of line!!!  I would be furious if someone just waltzed into my backyard!!!  And why not just come to your door and "talk"...like adults...inste ad of sneaking around on your property without any evidence of wrongdoing???  That is just ridiculous!!  I suppose if there was ANY plus in all of this it would be that at least they do investigate when someone is concerned...BU T...they need to air on the side of caution and not assume the worst before they have ANY facts, or any evidence but just going on heresay...that's just purely idiotic!!!  Any idea who complained??? Or did they just take it upon themselves to make a ridiculous assumption?

Welcome to the world of military living.  So far I have learned that nothing makes sense, rules are made for no apparent reason, and most make no sense.  I found out recently why government jobs are so envied by all.  The government cannot fire you, no matter how crappy of a job you do.  I'm 100% serious.  You cannot be fired for being incompetent, so basically none of the civilians they hire do anything (not that this has anything to do with the topic, but it irks me to no end)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 12:43:10 am by ZooCrew »

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 12:45:23 am »
I'm so glad that you have your man home! Yipee!! ANd I can't believe the nerve of those people....come on- a Great Dane and Pitt Bull?  ??? Even if you knew nothing about dogs, common sense would tell you they were not similar in appearance. I'm sorry this happened to you and am glad that you called to complain!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 12:52:18 am »
I forgot to mention earlier that Gunther used to get confused for a pit bull mix all the time when he was a pup, mostly I think b/c of the fact he was brindle though

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 03:50:36 am »
What morons! I would be pissed if someone went into my backyard uninvited or unannounced as well.  I'm glad you called to complain and I hope you receive a formal apology.
Police Apolgize? It will never happen!

GR8DAME

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 10:26:28 am »
I had a young (mid 20's) police officer inform me that the padlock on my back gate was illegal, as it restricts access to my property (No @#$& Sherlock, why do you think it is there) in case the police ever had to cut thru in persuit if a suspect. I informed him that I have a 5' foot chainlink fence and that being 40, fat and a woman, I could jump over, and if any member of the Lyons police force could not do the same, they had no business being out on the street. The lock stays, and have a nice day...
Stella
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 10:27:09 am by GR8DAME »

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2005, 10:31:25 am »
I informed him that I have a 5' foot chainlink fence and that being 40, fat and a woman, I could jump over, and if any member of the Lyons police force could not do the same, they had no business being out on the street.

I LOVE it!!!!
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2005, 11:05:53 am »
I know I've said this before but when I brought Nee home I was working at a kennel.  While I'm talking this guy comes over, looks at him and says "Something's wrong with your pitbull's head."  I look at the guy and said "Yeah for starters, it's on a Great Dane!"  He looks at me with this patronizing little face and says "No sweety, only pitbulls come in stripes."

BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2006, 09:17:25 pm »
I've figured it out!!!

Why stupid people think a Great Dane is a pit bull, I mean. 

It's the floppy natural ears. 

They think Great Danes have to have those tall, standing up, show-style ears.  They've seen all those fawn Danes on the AKC show with those cropped, standing up ears like Marmaduke and Scooby-Doo that make them look, as per the standard, "elegant." 

Without their elegantly pointed Vulcan ears, they're incognito! 

Sheryl, Dogless and sad