Author Topic: Meet Lennon  (Read 8165 times)

Offline MaroonKellBells

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Meet Lennon
« on: July 05, 2005, 08:29:15 am »
Here are some pictures of Lennon :) I'm hoping to take a vacation to Boulder, CO (our old home) with him in the late summer so we can spend some more time in the mountains...he seems like he misses that lifestyle.  So, meet my baby Lennon!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Meet Lennon
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 10:34:30 am »
Great looking dog. I love his name too!  It looks like he is one happy boy in the wilderness pictures. How old is he?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline MaroonKellBells

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 11:09:15 am »
Lennon is 1 1/2 years old.  I actually adopted him from a shelter in Boulder.  Someone found him walking around the Flatirons (the smaller "mountains" in Boulder) and brought him to a shelter.  I needed a running companion and was looking for a husky, but decided I might want to adopt one that needed a home instead of getting a puppy.  I found out Lennon was available, but the shelter warned me that he may be a "wolf dog"...what is that anyways?  They said he is half wolf and that he needs the proper home and environment to grow up in.  He was 6 months old, and was a terror.  I guess he didn't like a lot of people and just did whatever he wanted whenever he wanted.  I came over to meet the little guy (he was called "Wolfie" at the time), and he ran up to me and jumped in my lap and gave me kisses! :D  I asked him if he wanted to come home with me, and he let out a loud howl and followed me to the front of the place where I had to pay for him and fill out paper work.  The people were amazed at how he reacted to me and didn't hesitate about letting me adopt him.  I took him home that day, and we've been best buddies ever since!  I don't know what I'd do without him :)  

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 12:01:42 pm »
Wow! Great story!

I had a "wolf-dog" once. His name was Tsunami. Apparantly he was part wolf, but, I don't know..he looked ALOT like Lennon. He had one blue eye and one brown. He was very very very wild and independent. And SCARY SMART. He could open the doors from the inside! We couldn't keep him in the house!

Offline MaroonKellBells

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 01:04:59 pm »
What happened to your wolf-dog?  Lennon can open screen doors, and I'm so worried that he's going to get loose and get himself in a lot of trouble one of these days :-\  He is also very independent, which works out to my benefit because I am independent... I don't like dogs that follow me around the house and whine if I don't pet them.  He and I are a good team...we cuddle at night, we run together, and I share veggie scraps with him.  I know he loves me, and he knows I'm crazy about him.  Has anyone else heard of these wolf-dog breeds?  Any info would be appreciated :)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 10:10:20 pm »
A wolf dog breed is simply a wolf mix.  You don't look like a wolf mix to me, but anything is possible.  Usually wolf mixes are pretty large, quite a bit larger than huskies.  You are gorgeous by the way.  I have a husky mix myself.  I have yet to add her in here.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 10:15:02 pm »
he is beautiful - and it does sound like a god mix - the two of you....

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 07:12:40 am »
aren't you lucky to live somewhere so pretty.  My brother lived in Boulder a few years ago.  he loved it. 
Dogs and people are quite adorable.  :)

Offline huskyman

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 06:43:41 am »
WOW!!!! Lennon is a very good looking husky. I love the snap shots with the mountians in the back ground. :)
Steve: Dad to Grey Cloud