Author Topic: Oasis is Missing  (Read 20973 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Oasis is Missing
« on: December 31, 2005, 01:33:51 am »
I came home from work about 10:30 tonight and was met at the door with "Bad news. Oasis, Lulu and Buster got out of the backyard."  We haven't left Oasis in the backyard unattended or monitored for about 2 years because he had been persistantly chewing thrrough the wood fence on the neighbor's side and getting out.

He was out in the backyard all day yesterday while I peeked out at him about every 15 minutes and never went near the fence. I guess that's why Johann let him out again today. But, he didn't check on him and he reverted to his old ways.

Lulu had run around and scratched at the front door to be let in.  I found Buster right away about 4 houses down. He came right to me and is fine. I drove around for about an hour looking for Oasis. When he has gotten loose before he usually wanders up to the apartments on the next street and goes dumpster diving or looking for handouts. He's not there. No one in the neighborhood (our neighborhood is only 2 streets with woods on each side, a big empty lot at the end of the streets and a busy highway at the front) has seen him and we drove up and down the highway on both sides of the bayou with no sign of him.

I don't know if he went wandering off in the woods and is disoriented, if someone at the apartments took him in for the night, or what else could have happened to him. I can't imagine he could have gone far because his arthritis has been bad lately and he is limping a lot and finds it hard to get up after lying down.

I'm so worried and there will be no celebrating this new year's eve. Please say a little prayer that he will return safely.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

GR8DAME

Re: Oasis is Missing
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 01:37:24 am »
Oh, Jeanne!
I am so praying for his safe return. Please keep us updated!
Stella

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 01:37:30 am »
Oh no. This is terrible news  :-\ I am so sorry to hear Oasis is missing. I hope that he is safe and will be home soon.
RIP former BPO

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 01:59:23 am »
Please let us know when he returns!
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 02:36:55 am »
Oh No!!! Dang Old man wandering syndrome, Our sheltie would wander off like that too when he got older.   I hope Oasis is ok and somewhere safe tonight.  He will probably show up before you know it.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 09:26:31 am »
You must be frantic - what a way to start the year! Hope it's just 2005's last bite before it's put to sleep for good and Oasis turns up safe and sound.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 10:43:55 am »
 Jeanne, please tell us your baby is back home safe in your arms this morning.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 11:29:30 am »
Is Oasis back yet?  What a scary thing to go through! Prayers, good-returning-home-thoughts and all paws and fingers crossed here!!!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005, 12:11:22 pm »
I hope that your baby is home and safe Jeanne. You are in our thoughts and prayers!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005, 12:42:40 pm »
I went out looking for him this morning - drove around the block twice, drove up and down the highway again, checked the neighborhood on the other side of the woods, got out and walked all through the woods....

No sign of him anywhere and no one I talked to had seen him either. It's weird. Usually, someone will have at least seen him running around. I saw some paw prints about his size in the mud behind the house when I went to go look in the woods, but Rocko and I had gone back there the other day so I couldn't be sure they weren't his.

I'll put some posters up today and an ad in the paper tomorrow, I guess. I'm sure someone must have picked him up or taken him in or he would have been home by now.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2005, 01:12:43 pm »
I hope you find him safe and sound. I will pray for you, and Dibby will help too :)

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2005, 02:00:11 pm »
Praying that Oasis makes it home safe and sound... 

Marsi
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2005, 02:01:31 pm »
I am so sorry to hear poor Oasis, is lost. Hopefully someone just took him in and is waiting to maybe put an ad in themselves of look for the owners ad or posters.

Ill be sending good vibes and keeping all fingers and paws crossed

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2005, 04:12:47 pm »
I hope you find poor Oasis. Hopefully someone took him in for the night. Let us know as soon as he gets home.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Kiahpyr

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2005, 05:29:21 pm »
Hopefully you'll find him soon. Have our fingers and paws crossed!