Author Topic: another newfie poem  (Read 2585 times)

Offline mrpuppy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
another newfie poem
« on: January 01, 2006, 07:47:09 am »
whey own a dog?there a danger you know,you cant own just one,or the craving will grow,theres no doubt they're addictive,wherin lies the danger,while liveing with lots,you'll grow poorerand stranger,one dog is no trouble,and 2 are so funny,the 3'rd one is easy,the 4th ones a honey,theĀ  5th is delightful,the 6th ones a breeze,you find you can live with a houseful with ease,so how about another?would you really dare?they're really quite easy,but oh lord the hair!!!with dogs on the sofa,and dogs on the bed,and crates in the kitchen,its no bother you've said,they're really no trouble,there manners are great,whats just one more dog?and one more crate?the sofa is hairy,the windows are crusty,the floor is all footprints,the furniture dusty,the housekeeping suffers,but what do you care?who minds a few noseprints,and a little more hair?so lets keep a puppy,you can always find room,and a little more time for the dustcloth and broom,there's hardly a limit to the dogs you can add,the thoughts of a cutback sure makes you sad,,each one is so special,so useful,so funny,the vet, the foodbills grow larger,you owe everyone money!, and your folks never visit,few friends come to stay,except other dogs,who live the same way,your lawn has now died,and your shrubs are dead too,but your weekend are busy!you're off with your crew,theres dogfood and vitamins,training and shots,and entries and travels,and motels which cost lotts!!!is it worth it you wonder?are you caught in a trap?than that favorite dog comes,and climbs in your lap!!!,his looks say your special,and you know that you will,keep all of the critters,in spite of the bill!!!some just for showing,and some just to breed!!and some for just loving!!!they all fill a need!!!but winters a hassle,the dogs hate it too!!!but they must!!!!have they're wallks!!!!though they,re numb and your blue?late evening is awfulll!!! you scream and you shout,at the dogs on the sofa who refuse!!!to go out!!!the dogs and the dog shows,the travel the thrills!!! the work and the worry!!the pressure,the bills!!!! the whole thing seems worth it!!!the dogs are your life!!! they're charming and funny and offset the strife!!!your lifestyle has changed,you won't be the same,yes!!!those dog are addictive!!!and so is the game!!!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 08:04:52 am by mrpuppy »
bear,14 month old newfie,140 pounds (estimated)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: another newfie poem
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 01:14:09 pm »
I love it!!!  It has a Dr. Suess feel...and I LOVE Dr. Suess!!!

Offline mrpuppy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 10:06:16 pm »
thank you newfie lover,Ive got to something to bolster my reputation around here!!! new years!!!, why bother to make promises your not going to keep ;D

Offline mrpuppy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 10:09:40 pm »
I know an even better one, believe or not,I will post it in the next few days