Author Topic: the devil....  (Read 8982 times)

nickerbokker

the devil....
« on: May 13, 2005, 12:13:24 am »
so mr angus is really starting to upset me.

i have a very annoying story and here it is.  before i got angus, cody was a little dog weary.  when another dog would approach, he usually growled a little bit and wanted nothing to do with them.  then i got angus, and he was a happy sweet little puppy.  after a while, him and cody got along okay, and then cody taught him that when another dog approached, to growl and bark......well, since cody now had a brother and knew it was okay for other dogs to exist, when he meets them in the street or on the side walk, hes TOTALLY COOL AND WANTS TO SAY HELLO AND SNIFF AND STUFF....but angus, angus wants nothing to do with other dogs.  from a foot away, or 200 ft away, angus is barking like a fool.  and its with people too.....if he sees, hears, imagines someone or something...he goes CRAZY.....and for a while i htought it was annoying, now i think its REALLY annoying, but when this dog is 150lbs, he is going to scare the living crap out of EVERYONE...... ..

ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO HOW TO STOP THE BARKING AND CRAZY BEHAVIOR?  i really need to get control of this NOW, or imma kick his butt!

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
Re: the devil....
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 07:05:14 am »
I haven't tried the squirt bottle myself (great idea) But if I move between them and whatever they're barking at and firmly tell them "no barking" they will usually stop. I have to do the same when they're in the yard and a car goes by. They bark their fool heads off every time a car goes by, and have taught Finn to do the same.  I'm going to try the squirt bottle though....it can be pretty annoying.... ok VERY annoying!!!

Vicki

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: the devil....
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 09:25:34 am »
Kiya is going thru that stage now of barking at other dogs, a few corrections on the leash seams to be helping. She doesnt do it at school, just when another dog will bark at her when we go for walks. Maturity definately helps, they go thru thier stages.
Carolyn
Carolyn