Author Topic: Need Help! Can't think of a name :P  (Read 14329 times)

Offline ting1sf

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Need Help! Can't think of a name :P
« on: May 13, 2005, 03:20:16 pm »
Sorry.. been posting lots today hehe. Well I need help naming my puppy. SHe is a German Shepherd. I have had her for a few weeks now but just can't seem to think of a name. I wanted to name her something in chinese but many things I thought of sound so wrong in english. I don;t want to name her just any name. Its just driving me crazy!!!. Naming is so hard for me. Let me post a new picture of her later cause she changed a bit after this last picture was taken. But a bit about her personailty. SHe is lazy really lazy. She plays for about 10min and then plop she goes. And when she doesn;t feel like walking plop she goes again. She is a pig loves to eat but so far has nto stolen anything yet. She is picky about where she sleep. She will nto squzzse on the sofa with me. It seem too small for her i guess. SO she rather pan out on the floor and I mean pan. Hehe. She is really easy going as long as she gets to sleep and she is a slow walker. She has this I am the lady attitude. So if anyone has any advice for naming her or some good names you would like to share that would be great. Thank you :)
I rather love a dog than a human. Because you put  100% into a dog , you get 200% back. As for humans you sometimes you get nothing back.

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help! Can't think of a name :P
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 04:06:01 pm »
I will try to think of some good names after we see the recent pics.

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 06:00:40 am »
 8)

I HAD A GSD AS A CHILD  WE CALLED HER DIOJIE
AS IN D O G
FINALY IT WAS JUST DIO  EAS A GREAT DOG AND A GREAT NAME
WE HAD TO PUT HER DOWN AT 12 YEARS OLD, BAD HIPS
BEWARE OF BUYING ANY PUPPY WITHOUT THE PARENTS BOTH HAVING THE OFA ON BOTH HIPS AND ELBOWS
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 06:07:13 am »
OH  HERE IS NAKIA AT 4 MONTHS OLD  GREAT DOG  GREAT NAME , DONT YOU THINK?

WE SURE DO LOVE HER
WE USED THIS PIC FOR OUR X MAS CARDS

Offline MrsMike

• Gnawer
  • Teesha Marie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 09:07:39 am »
I would be wililng to "share" by girl's name:  Teesha.

Offline ting1sf

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 01:07:46 am »
The profile picture i have and her picture on pawprint are the most recent pictures I have of her. So far two names came up. Lilo, meaning the generous one or Lani, meaning heaven or skyl. I want lani but my boyfriend wants Lilo. What do you guys think? If anyone have even more names you can think of please feel free to add on the list hehe. Name has been reallly hard for me ..  ;D Thanks :)
I rather love a dog than a human. Because you put  100% into a dog , you get 200% back. As for humans you sometimes you get nothing back.

Offline ting1sf

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 01:15:24 am »
   Thanks for all the names you guys have provided! :) I tried them all on her hehe. Jasmine was the one we almost settle on but it was voted down my my boyfriend cause he said we drink jasmine tea a lot and he doesn't want the puppy to come running when he ask or talks about it hehe  :D.  Nakia is a good name too but it was hard for me to call her. I don;tknow if I even pronounced it right hehe. Thanks Taijinrr for sharing your girls name :) But that name was shot down by my mother cause she couldn't call the name haha. She and I wanted a name that had an asain ring to it jsut cause all my other pets name is an american name hehe  :P Thanks you guys though :):)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 09:59:41 am »
I think you should name her something GERMAN because she is a GSD! My favorite German nickname is "Schatzi" (shot-zee). It means "little treasure".
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 10:04:51 am »
we have  nakia   african  not asian

nandi  soft a
midori sky    we call her midori or sky 
or cookie  you know she runs to that mame

i still like dio  for   d o g diojiiie  lol D O G

Offline ting1sf

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 10:05:36 am »
Thanks for yoru reply .. I was acutally looking more towards an asian name :) But it does make a lot of sense she should be called an German name hehe :) Thanks

Offline ting1sf

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 12:55:59 pm »
Thanks for the new names hehe. Some are sososo cute. We did toy with the called her a good idea. THere was Tirumusu which was not that bad an idea. But just thought it was wrong looking at a dog and go tirumusu. I did get the name lilo from the movie. I did not know her sister's name was lani hehe. :) So gald you told me. I like the meaning of lani. But it does shound a bit sharp :) THanks for everyone's help. Let me test new names on her. Heheh.

Offline ting1sf

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 08:04:47 pm »
Thanks everyone for all your help :) I finally found a name for my puppy!!!! We decieded to name her Yumi meaning beauty :) So no name is now yumi :):)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2005, 08:13:29 am »
Good name!...I checked this thread too late though...Altho ugh not Chinese a good name for a female G.S.D. pup is Madchen which means little girl in German.