Author Topic: How would you deal with a tumor caused by vaccination?  (Read 1408 times)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
How would you deal with a tumor caused by vaccination?
« on: January 04, 2006, 04:57:22 pm »
This is a posting from my work bulletin board. I am sure this has happened to some of your cats or dogs, so I am posting it here because I know my good friends at BPO can give her great advice!

My 9 year old cat has developed a tumor on his shoulder blade - the vet says that it was probably caused by the rabies vaccine.  I've also been told that it is probably benign, but they can't be certain.  The vet gave me the option of having it removed or just watching it (making sure it doesn't get bigger).  Has anyone had any experience with this?  I don't know what to do and would like to hear from anyone who has had this same problem.
RIP former BPO

lins_saving_grace

Re: How would you deal with a tumor caused by vaccination?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 05:29:44 pm »
Grace got a vacination lump with her first rabies shot.  It went away in 2 weeks...but it scared me to death.  It was huge.

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
  • Giants- companion-protector-inspiration-friend
    • View Profile
Re: How would you deal with a tumor caused by vaccination?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 07:50:34 pm »
Hugo has one small one on his back toward his hip from a rabies vacination.  It is about the size of a raisin.  I have heard of a certain type of cancer that develops at vaccination sites, but not in dogs (cats only).  Or cats are prone to it I should say.  I think Hugo's is probably from the needle, not necessarily by the vaccine itself.  Maybe the needle caused a little inflamation under the skin and thus set up scar tissue.  He has had it about 2 years.  Doesnt seem to hurt and is not getting bigger. 
Shellie~ 
~SHELLIE & HUGO~