Author Topic: names for a male puppy  (Read 20494 times)

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: names for a male puppy
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2005, 06:34:36 pm »
I like the names Bruno, Shamus, Gunter, Thor and Tielk
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2005, 08:43:32 pm »
I love names that mean something....o ur first Newfie was Otis...."Sittin' on the dock of the bay" by Otis Redding.  Our second Newf was named for my husband's company (he didn't know we were pregnant with a puppy so I thought it was a good way to soften the blow!! ;D) Cowboy came to us named and trained...Ches ter is  named for the town near our mountain cabin.  I liked Quincy as well which is another town.  I LOVED Hootie (for Hootie Johnson, head of Augusta National because all my boys and husband play golf and would LOVE to play there!) but everybody thought it sounded too much like "Hooters".

Offline Kirsten

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2005, 11:26:22 pm »
my favorite harry potter character is sirius black, and he occasionally takes the form of a very large black dog.  if i ever get a big black dog, i will go with either sirius or his codename padfoot.  Might be better for a newfie... but there are lots of good potter names..... hagrid maybe or Grawp who lived in the mountains.....  ok i am a little to obsessed for a 22 year old college grad.... but everyone needs their fun.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005, 11:29:53 pm by Kirsten »