Author Topic: 2 saints, any suggestions?  (Read 2716 times)

Offline lulu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
2 saints, any suggestions?
« on: January 11, 2006, 01:54:03 am »
   hello, i am currently wanting to get 2 saints. i was thinking 2 puppies but now i am thinking about a puppy and also a rescue saint who is older.  i am wondering which one should i get first, the pup or the rescue or does it matter?
   my only worry about getting an adult saint is if it isnt already obedience trained how hard is it going to be to train him when i get him? anybody have any experience with that?
   also, for a crate, what size should i get for the pup? all the ones i have seen a saint would outgrow in 6 months.
   thanks for any and all suggestions!

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Re: 2 saints, any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 10:51:32 am »
I would say to get the older one first.  Give it time to adjust then see if you want to deal with a puppy or you would prefer adopting another adult dog.  I have very large metal cages you can get giant ones at any petstore.  What area of the country do you live in?
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 10:55:00 am »
For the crate they do have huge ones and you can get the divider to make it make it appropraitely sized as the puppy grows.  we got ours from the RL STeele catalog years ago but they are out there still.  I'll get the measurements on mine because I believe our newf still fits although we don't use it with her.  I'd also look at large breed stores online and see what you can find.

As for rescue or puppy first.....I'd probably get the rescue first so you have more time to work with the dog one on one and ease the transition.  Plus it will give you an idea of what you want in a puppy. And the rescue is likely to have problems and they can be extremely stubborn but if you look hard enough you may find one that has some training to start with.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline lulu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 01:08:42 pm »
 thanks for the suggestions. and i live im wichita kansas