Author Topic: would any one be agianst a a south east get together  (Read 21805 times)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
Re: would any one be agianst a a south east get together
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2006, 06:32:24 pm »
Another thing.. doesn't matter to me, but just throw this out, Pensacola has 2 offleash dog parks, never been to either of them they could be horrible for all I know , but could scout them out if people were interested in this option, as well as the beaches... course our retarted dog would run off :) But that would add about another 3 hours of travel from anyone coming north of montgomery.. :(
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2006, 11:22:14 pm »
Maybe we should plan a Saturday or Sunday to check out the dog parks.

Lisa

Another thing.. doesn't matter to me, but just throw this out, Pensacola has 2 offleash dog parks, never been to either of them they could be horrible for all I know , but could scout them out if people were interested in this option, as well as the beaches... course our retarted dog would run off :) But that would add about another 3 hours of travel from anyone coming north of montgomery.. :(

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

angelsmama

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2006, 11:27:37 pm »
how about april 29th??? that falls on a saturday :)

cricket36580

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2006, 12:27:32 pm »
I'm game either way.  I also have a retard that would take off at the drop of a hat so I definately have to either have them on leash or in a fenced area.  Added to that is the "Dissa-Pyr" Baloo.  (Another story for another thread) 

If  had my druthers, it would be in Montgomery during the show time so we can go to the show.  I know a couple of people there that could "puppy-sit" for us depending on where we are staying, etc.  Hotels there run around $100 per night.  Monticello usually runs a little more cause that's the upper side of town.  And don't believe what they say about time from the coliseum.  It takes 15 min to get through the first red light over there.  Just a warning....I grew up there and know the area very well.  The Eastern Bypass is a traffic nightmare...fo r those who are local here, think Airport.  :)  Zelda or Ann St locations would be very close and anything on 231.  You aren't closer geographically, just closer due to traffic and lights.  However, the Shakespeare Festival is something to see and my dogs love it there.  There's ducks and swans to chase and tons of people to get lovings from and other people to scare  :)  I had to throw that in.  Anyway, ya'll decide and let me know. 

What about the local one?

angelsmama

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2006, 07:34:53 pm »
montgomery or pensacola doesnt matter.. i know angel woud love the beach but not sure id love her in there , sharks :o :o :o , montgomery sounds nice :)