Author Topic: anyone keep any other pets?  (Read 5651 times)

Offline elmo

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
anyone keep any other pets?
« on: May 16, 2005, 07:24:44 am »
i also have 4 of these stinky things what does everyone else keep?

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: anyone keep any other pets?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 07:55:19 am »
Is that a monkey or a chincilla. I have 3 dogs, 2 cats & 2 horses. Hubby says thats it.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 10:28:00 am »
I have two dogs, two cats, two little boys and a Husband. (does that count?*lol*) My husband and I just purchased 10 acres, which we are in the process of clearing for horses, and I am also getting in contact with my local St. Bernard rescue foundation.

I love little furballs (ferrets and the like), but I have to limit myself to those that are a wee bit more hardy. Apollo is still very clumsy and a wee bit clueless as to how very *big* he is, so our cats have learned from experience to stay out of the way of his big feet, and his tendancy to just *flop* down whenever he's tired. The kids on the other hand, have yet to learn that trick, so my youngest is oftern buried under Apollo on the couch. (We usually find him by the stubs of his legs waving frantically under Apoll, who looks at us like "What?")
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline elmo

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 01:42:12 pm »
its a baby marmoset monkey

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 02:48:43 pm »
I have 8 house cats, 2 house bunnies, 1 guinea pig, 2 young children, a hubby that drives semi over the road & 1/2 a mind left...lol...I LOVE monkies!!!...I always thought it would be fun to have one but I am sure it is a challenge keeping them out of mischief!

Offline ting1sf

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 05:11:01 pm »
Wow that is such a cute monkey. My mom always wanted one hehe :) I so far have 10 fancy Guppies. 4 Rats, 4 Guniea Pigs and 2 dogs. Oh.. and little mice that runs around the house. (They won the fight hehe).
I rather love a dog than a human. Because you put  100% into a dog , you get 200% back. As for humans you sometimes you get nothing back.

nickerbokker

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 05:16:32 pm »
i can't have an animal that is less than 100 lbs.....

cats, monkeys, hamsters, mice, rats, snakes, turtles, did i say CATS, bunnies...all of those things SCARE ME.....IM NOT KIDDING.....TH E ABOVE, AND SMALL DOGS MAKE ME SHAKE IN THE KNEES.  i would rather have a lion than a hamster. 

i would LOVE to have a horse or five a little later in life.  ya know, when i can afford them, and someone to take care of them.  i wouldn't have horses unless they were treated like the busch horses!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 06:50:19 pm »
Marmosets are very interesting creatures.  I remember discovering them for the first time when I was a child while reading a nature magazine.  The pygmy marmoset is fascinating.  The little fellow can cling to a blade of grass.

I have a Western hog-nosed snake.  I've had her for about nine years - since she was a baby.  She resembles a rattlesnake, except, of course, she does not have a rattle, nor is her venom lethal.  She has round pupils, since she is diurnal (hunts in daylight) and a shovel-shaped nose for rooting in the dirt.  Actually, her face is cute like a duck's.

Otherwise, I have a betta a.k.a. Siamese fighting fish.  I love all animals, but there is something about dogs.  They are wonderful!

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline elmo

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 04:01:16 am »
I also have a horsefield tortoise

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 04:33:42 am »
he watches westminster
this is bump
he is deaf
 but love's the T.V.
favorite shows,, well  it probably is animal planet etc,,,,,,,,, ;D
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 12:01:07 pm »
We have 3 dogs and 2 cats. That's not counting my husband and son, or my houseplants. I would love to have more furry friends...but I don't know that I can talk my hubby into any more right now...we're kinda all filled up here!

Vicki

Offline Sullivan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 11:18:58 am »
We have a cat and three house bunnies.  The cat is the ruler of the house despite her tiny size!

Offline b_clark

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2005, 11:33:04 am »
We just have our dog Lou and 2 cats, Barney and Betty. All three came from shelters. Barney we have had for a few years and Betty just over a year. The cats and dogs just love eachother, which is great since Betty was very skittish until we adopted Lou a few months back. She never cared for our previous dog but she seems to think that Lou is there for her protection. Our other cat plays with Lou and steals his food. Lou just sits down next to him and does the most pitiful growl as he watches Barney finish up his dinner.