Author Topic: Newf at Bay to Breakers  (Read 8602 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Newf at Bay to Breakers
« on: May 16, 2005, 08:42:28 am »
Hey all it was a crazy weekend and I am sad it is over.  Yesterday was the annual Bay to Breakers race in San Francisco.  For all of you who don't know what that is, it's a 7.25 mi. foot race that goes from downtown San Francisco out to Ocean Beach.  There are a lot of people who actually "run" this race, but the majority of people are partying in the streets.  There's centipedes, people tied together in a group with some sort of theme (some of which are disgusting), and costumes and naked people all over the place.  It is a great event to bring your dog to.  So I brought Drake for the second year and he had his Doggles and drool bib on.  He got absolutely molested!!!  People came up and were petting and kissing him and he was photographed at least 100 times!  No Joke!  I, unforturnately, forgot my camera in my rush out the door in the morning and I really wish I had brought it.  It would have been great to get of shot of my dog/celebrity in his glory.   At one point, there were about 15 people with cameras around Drake and about 5 girls posing with him and hugging and kissing him.  It was a total frenzy!!!  And then there was me at the other end of the lead, just smiling and laughing.  He was like Paris Hilton posing for the Paparazzi.  It is unbelieveable how much attention big dogs get, people couldn't get enough.  He gets a lot of attention in public normally, but at an event like Bay to Breakers where people are drunk and out of control, it is just NUTS!!!  Hopefully I get a picture from it all to share, I think one of my friends took one.  Seeing how many shots were taken of Drake, there's got to be many pictures of him zipping around the internet today.  Was anyone else there and have the same experience?
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Newf at Bay to Breakers
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 11:46:38 pm »
Wow!..What a scene!...Samson gets mobbed on a regular basis but that is just when we get up in the morning...lol. ..Sounds way cool though!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Newf at Bay to Breakers
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 09:41:04 am »
I can totally relate! Whenever we go to Petco people just stare and don't really know what to say!  They have their little doggies with them in the shopping cart and they do the same!  My kids are in Karate and sometimes I'll take Leo and watch from the window outside and I've had people ask to take their picture with him too.  He is really good especially when there are all these little kids in white mobbing him!  Some people refuse to get close to him though because of his size and I feel bad for them because I know they are afraid.  If they only knew what a big dopey boy puppy he is!