Author Topic: Lab X puppies needing rescue  (Read 11242 times)

Offline traklover

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Lab X puppies needing rescue
« on: May 16, 2005, 10:16:22 am »
I saw this on a horsey BB and wondered if anyone could help or knew of potential help.

"I am currently in Henryetta, OK (south of Tulsa) on business. The site I'm working at is near the Jim Hall reservoir. Friday my coworker and I noticed 2 3-4 month old lab? puppies (1 black, 1 yellow) and 2 german shepard type full grown dogs, hanging around the dock area. The puppies are real thin and friendly. I bought them some food and they seemed really hungry. Then today at another area we found another 3 ~ six week old black lab? puppies at another area.

They seemed to have been dumped and everyone else just ignores them. I've called a few of the humane societies in Tulsa, and they all say they are full. The lab rescue has a message saying they don't accept strays. The Okmulgee Animal Shelter is closed today. I have to leave on Friday, and will feel terrible if I can't find some way to help these puppies.

Does anyone know any rescues or shelters in the area? At this point I'm not sure what else to do."

Apparently the local shelter euthanizes after three days. This was orginately posted on May 14. If any one knows of help I can pass the message on, or have her contact you.