Author Topic: Dog Locks Kids in Van  (Read 1829 times)

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Dog Locks Kids in Van
« on: January 15, 2006, 03:08:15 pm »
Yep my beagle, Rebel locked my kids in the van.

We were leaving because someone was going to come and look at the house and I ecided to take Rebel with us because who wants to look at a house with this dog barking at you the whole time (my other 2 dogs are not like this). So I took my kids out and straped them in their cars seats, I started the van so they can listen to some music (Veggie Tales, then went back in got  Rebel and put him in the van. Then I went back in one last time to get my phone and some movies I needed to return, got to the van pulled the handle and nothing. I look in the window and there Rebel just smiling like ain't done nothing and all the door are looked, and the spar keys and in the glove compartment. So I had to call my husband to come home open the car. It was quit funny when the peolpe come to look at the house, me sitting on an a bench  and my kids in a runnning van. Now that I think of it, it is funny.

Kiahpyr

Re: Dog Locks Kids in Van
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 03:12:47 pm »
OH NO!!!! How long were they in there? I'm glad your hubby was able to come home to help you out.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 03:13:35 pm »
Oh dear!  It must have been frustrating/scary at the time, but seems a bit humorous now.  Especially with people looking at the house :D .  Glad everything worked out!  Aren't our doggies always "helping" us out? :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 03:22:43 pm »
Now that it's over I bet it is funny.  I bet the house leaves an impression on the potential buyers.  :)

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 03:39:08 pm »
 :D  :D  :D

I shouldn't laugh, as a few months ago, I acidentally locked Flynn in the back of my friend's van, complete with the only set of keys. It's an ex Post Office delivery van so there is no way into the back from the front as there's a very robust wire cage bolted in at about 8 points, just behind the seats. She calls me a few choice rude names and has visions of having to call out a mechanic. While she was thinking what to do, I'd had a rummage in the shed and found a piece of copper piping and two old curtain wires with hooks on the end. She comes out to find me dangling the pipe through the cage and waggling the wires down the centre of the pipe with a look of intense concentration on my face. She asks me what I'm doing - I reply "fishing". She told me it would never work, but 20 seconds later I'm holding the van keys - phew!

Yeah, we laughed about it afterwards, but she still doesn't trust me with the van keys.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 03:39:40 pm by Senghe »

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 11:35:22 pm »
I no this sounds bad but I thought it was funny at the time. I guess because I was in my driveway and the van was on with the heat so I knew I had nothing to worry about. And you are right I bet it did leave an impression.