Author Topic: Bicycling with dogs  (Read 1500 times)

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Bicycling with dogs
« on: January 18, 2006, 04:52:52 pm »
I was really tired of walking every morning, so I dug out the mountain bike, put air in the tires. I take both Apache & Kiya into the trails & Im loving it. We still have some kinks to work out but Im thrilled, it sure beats walking. They get a better work out (so do I). I could let Apache off leash but, a story about a womens dog getting caught in a hunters trap & dying not too long ago, no thanks I'll deal with leashes. Anyone else ride a bicycle with dogs?
Carolyn
Carolyn

lins_saving_grace

Re: Bicycling with dogs
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 05:19:03 pm »
I was really tired of walking every morning, so I dug out the mountain bike, put air in the tires. I take both Apache & Kiya into the trails & Im loving it. We still have some kinks to work out but Im thrilled, it sure beats walking. They get a better work out (so do I). I could let Apache off leash but, a story about a womens dog getting caught in a hunters trap & dying not too long ago, no thanks I'll deal with leashes. Anyone else ride a bicycle with dogs?
Carolyn
I wish.  I thought about rollerblades.. .but 1. I'd fall and kill myself.  and 2. Lady wouuld go one direction and Grace the other...unless she decided to stop and pick up a pine cone to carry home.

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Bicycling with dogs
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 05:37:45 pm »
I got rollerblades, used them maybe 2x's, once without knee/arm pads, the second time with the pads...oh my God I fell a few times & there they sit in the basement. That definately is good exercise but I'll end up in the hospital & oh my how my but hurt.
Were only on the pavement a short while but it definatley trims nails.
Carolyn
Carolyn