Author Topic: Poor Ranger! :-)  (Read 6671 times)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Poor Ranger! :-)
« on: January 22, 2006, 12:41:40 pm »
You know how sometimes something happens with your dog, and you TOTALLY overreact?  Well, that was us last night...

I was just sitting down to dinner.  We are, of course, total gourmets in my house, so it was a big bowl of mac and cheese, and I was really looking forward to it.  About two bites in, I noticed that Ranger was playing with a fleecy ball on the floor.  We normally don't leave these lying around, because we don't let the dogs play with them unsupervised.. . 

I asked him "Are you being nice to your ball?", and Scott said "Yeah, he is ok.  He pulled all the stuffing out of it, and he is chewing on the empty fleece."  I said "OK.....  Ummm, wait..... WHERE MIGHT THE SQUEAKER BE???"

We both jump up and look EVERYWHERE for the squeaker to the ball.  We can't find it anywhere.  So, of course, we come to the logical conclusion that if it is not anywhere that we can see, it must be somewhere we CAN'T see - like Ranger's stomach.  I am not 100% sure at this point that he would have eaten it, but he has done similar things in the past, and better safe than sorry.  We now realize that there is no choice but to make our poor puppy throw up.  We head outside with Ranger and the hydrogen peroxide.

To make a long story short (and significantly less disgusting), we come back inside after about 20 minutes of Ranger violently heaving up everything in his stomach and us poking through it with a stick.  (OK, that was still pretty disgusting.)  I am SOAKED with hydrogen peroxide, which Ranger has somehow managed to learn to pretend to swallow, and then shoot back out through his nose at me.  My hand is slightly chomped.  Ranger HATES us now, and retreats to his lair under the end table to shoot death rays at us from his eyes...

Scott sits back down on the couch, and as I am staring into my congealed mac and cheese, trying to decide if I am too grossed out now to eat it, I hear a sound.  SQUEAAAKKKYYYY .  SQUEAKKKKYYYYY Y.  Scott is holding up the missing squeaker.  I ask him where he found it. 

He was sitting on it.

I gave Ranger permission to bite him.   ;D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Poor Ranger! :-)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 12:53:26 pm »
Poor Ranger LOL. Give him a kiss for me  :-*
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 01:55:51 pm »
I know, poor baby!  He had just eaten his dinner too.  You could almost hear his little doggy brain trying to communicate -  "I DIDN'T DO IT!  IT"S IN THE COUCH...  THE COUCH, YOU IDIOTS!"

Jenn, too late.  I think he already emailed him...  :D

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 02:08:38 pm »
HAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAH!

OMG! I'm sorry Marsi! You're still my BFF and all, but OH MY GOD that is a funny visual! HAAAAAAAAAAAH! I would have given Ranger permission to bite Scott about TEN times!!!!

I love these stories..haaha haa! I'm an UNDER-reactor. So, my stories about squeekies wouldn't be NEARLY as fun. (So, I let Cabeza eat a sqeeky last night when I wasn't looking. The sqeeky was in the couch cusions. End of story) See? not as fun. So, the panic that you experienced last night was ALL WORTH it to make up for the fact that I hardly even think twice about it unless his leg is sticking sideways out from his body. (happened once..ask MEgan, she saw it)

GR8DAME

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 02:38:03 pm »
I had four dogs, my two dobermans, Merlin and my Mom's shepard mix, and someone ate a manilla folder package of Rimadyl chewables off of the back of the kitchen cabinette. The folder was gone and all of the dogs looked guilty. I called the poisen control center as my vet's office was closed and they said peroxcide them all.
So dogs and I went outside in the pouring rain and I dosed all four of them. I was knee deep in mud, dog vomit and frothing peroxcide, picking thru it all with a shovel when my daughter calls from the back door: "Hey Mom, were you looking for this?"
Somehow the envelope had slipped off of the counter and slid under the stove. She had seen the corner sticking out.
I know that death ray look...X 4.
Stella

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 02:42:58 pm »
Poor Ranger. That was a horrible experience for him...

Kiahpyr

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 04:49:33 pm »
Poor Ranger is right! Give him a great big hug for me!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 10:18:02 pm »
Stella, that story was hilarious!  It is bad enough with one, I can't even imagine it with four!

He seems to have forgiven me tonight.  However, I wouldn't be surprised to find the hydrogen peroxide bottle has mysteriously disapeared, or that someone has peed in all my shoes...   ;D

k2campbell

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 10:23:27 pm »
Ha haaaaaaa hahahaaaaaaaaa ha ha!  That is hilarious!  I'm glad Ranger ended up being ok, sorry to hear of the arse-whoopin' Scott received!

I love the way you told the story - too funny!  :D

dohertyswissy

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 10:34:37 pm »
Okay...I shouldn't laugh...I know I shouldn't b/c then Ranger is going to eat something that will cause me to break out the hydrogen peroxide....bu t......

BA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

Poor Ranger!  Guy was just minded his own business, chewing on a toy...next thing you know torture!