Author Topic: FURBABY UPDATE!  (Read 8335 times)

Kiahpyr

FURBABY UPDATE!
« on: January 23, 2006, 04:38:09 pm »
I just talked to the vet and the pup is doing great. She is off of the iv and is eating, drinking and keeping everything down. That she could possibly go home this evening or tomorrow for sure. YAY!!! I am so happy!!

There is a downside to all of this. The pup is near Chattanooga, TN and was suppose to be picked up by my uncle tonight. He is a truck driver and I was going to get her thursday night or friday morning. However the vet said the pup is not stable enough to survive such a long trip. My brother was looking after her for me. He cannot take her back because of his other dogs. I have been told that the pup has to stay separated from other dogs for 30 days. This is causing a major problem. The vet will board her there for a few days until I can figure out something. She should be okay to survive the trip by this weekend. Now I have no way of getting her here. Does anybody have any ideas?

I am excepting a call from the shelter that Rebekah rescued the dog from this afternoon. I do know that they are treating one of her littermates for the symptons of parvo. However, the lady did tell me that it could be a false positive. I was totally floored! This has all been way to stressful. I'm so glad you all are here to listen to me and give support. Thank you all so much! Great now I'm crying again. I also realized this pup needs a name soon!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: FURBABY UPDATE!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 04:42:44 pm »
I am glad that she is doing better and that you going to have her home soon. Maybe you can see if people can help with the transport here. Set up a route and let people know what legs need to be filled. Hmm for a name, maybe something to do with her strength?
Edit- I would help with transport but I live in Canada.

Nina
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 04:44:07 pm by Nina »
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 04:45:12 pm »
So glad to hear that she is doing better....  I was holding my breath, along with everyone else...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 04:51:23 pm »
YAYYYY PUPPPYYY!!!!!!! :D
I totally agree on a name that signifies strength!!!! ;D

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 05:00:58 pm »
Yeah, April. Post some legs. We'll see what we can pull off. I'm in Southern Indiana...so I might be of some help. I know that once I got up to Michigan City, you're just a straight shot down Hwy 80...so, maybe along that route there are people willing to drive?

I was going to say that I could pick up your pup when I go get Eddie (if that happens) but, probably a bad idea. I'm sure Eddie hasn't been vaccinated....

Post some legs. Let's see what we can do.

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 05:07:38 pm »
Yay!  I'm glad to here she is doing good!   I wish I could help with the transport but I am also in the wrong direction...  :-\
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Kiahpyr

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 06:07:27 pm »
I agree it has to be a very stronge name. Basically transport would be from Chattanooga, TN to St. Louis, MO. then onto Kansas City, KS. I can work it out that I can meet in Kansas city or may have a friend that can do it. This of course can be modify is anyway. I would like to get it done this weekend.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 06:15:44 pm »
láidir (LAY-Dere)

definition... adj (strong) emphatic,  heady,  lusty,  mighty,  potent,  strong;

tréan  (Tree-AHN)

definition... adj strong; adj vehement;

daingean (Dawn-ghehn)

definition...  determined; adj firm; adj (firm) solid; adj staunch; n stronghold m1; adj unfailing;

BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Kiahpyr

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 11:42:12 pm »
What about?

Briana (Strong, fearless) call name Bri
Natasha (Strong) call name Tasha

Sahara (I know this name doesn't mean strength, but I really like it)

k2campbell

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 11:43:46 pm »
I am SO GLAD to hear that she is pulling through, what a relief!  Thank goodness, I will still keep her in my prayers (and you too - I bet it's been super stressful!) but I'm SO HAPPY to hear she's on the mend.  WHEW!!!  ;)

Sounds like she'll be home with you in no time!  ;D

Blair

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 12:16:11 am »
I am so happy to read she is doing better  :) I hope you get that little cutie home with you so you can start spoiling her rotten!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 01:28:00 am »
This is great news!  Yippee puppy!

chaosndestruction

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 03:34:22 am »
I vote Sahara...

If you did chose Briana, how would it be pronounced? Bri anna or Bri on uh? (my name is Briana pronounced bri on uh)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 03:11:48 pm »
Oh I like tréan  (Tree-AHN)

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge