Author Topic: Do your dogs give you privacy?  (Read 4935 times)

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
Do your dogs give you privacy?
« on: May 18, 2005, 09:29:56 am »
Weird question maybe, but I was talking with a friend about our dogs reaction to love making.  Hers climbs on the bed and wants to be involved in the fun somehow.  My girls jump off the bed at the first sign and stay in the closte till we're finished. The SECOND we're done they jump back on the bed.  Finn stays on the floor and ignors us for a while, then he pases and will come over a few times to check on me. Seems he thinks I'm being hurt...he worries. I sometimes have to tell him I'm fine and to go lay down and he will.
Another friend says her dog sits at the foot of the bed and howels the whole time and if they put him out of the room he freaks out, scratches the door and barks to come back in.
Anyway, I thought it was interesting the way different dogs react. Anyone want to share?

Vicki

Luvmydanes

Re: Do your dogs give you privacy?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 09:44:44 am »
Vicki - Man, am I glad you posted this! lol....It only happened to us one time. Shaun was in "the mood" and Dane was at the foot of our bed. I told him, "dane is going to interrupt us" and he said no, that he'd be fine. Well ok...so we're in the middle of the act and Dane comes up and I feel this cold, wet nose on my leg...LOL!!! I have been wondering what to do ever since! We either plan for sex and let Dane in from outside after we're done, or if he is already in for the night, don't bother doing it at all. I hate that, but don't know what to do to change it!

Kandi

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 10:42:58 am »
PRIVACY???????????????
dont think so  but rather have a house full of dogs  then privacy ;D
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 12:14:53 pm »
Strider is in his cage, but Merlin and Raven just lokk at each other---"OMG, they are at it again!!" get a disgusted look on their faces and leave. We had a dog that liked to watch, but that always made me feel a little creepy..... like he was criticing or something. What, aren't we doing it right?
Stella

Luvmydanes

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 01:07:36 pm »
Yes, it creeps me out too. Shaun doesn't mind at all, but I'm like "no, get the dog out!" lol

Kandi

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 02:41:02 pm »
LMAO!...The things you click on not expecting to see...lol...Sa mson makes terrible growling noises when he is in his crate & we are uuummmmm busy...It takes all I have to keep from laughing!

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 02:44:14 pm »
Hahaha! How funny! Cabeza doesn't even notice. He's so mellow. Its my cats that are pains in the butt! They climb all over us when we're "doing it". I have to keep tossing them off the bed!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 02:56:41 pm »
When I saw this post I thought you were going to say something about going to the washroom.HEHEH EEE!!
No problems here with that yet. Hope Hubby doesnt see this he will be saying "At least there hubbys are getting some!!" :-[ ::) 3 small kids  ::) I havent had much privacy for quite some time.
My cats do get on the bed though and drive us bonkers. That creeps me out so I cant immagine Judge WATCHING.
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 03:09:35 pm »
Glad no one was offended by the topic...ya never can tell!
I only have on child without fur and I've only been married for about 10 months...so I have no excuse for not giving the dogs plenty of reasons to hide in the closet!
The bathroom is a different issue. It's like as soon as I walk in there they  say "let's get her while she's trapped!" All of them come in and beg for loving, cats included.
Finn likes to stick his head in the shower while I'm in there and lick water off my leg. It's weird, but sweet.

Vicki

Luvmydanes

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 03:14:34 pm »
We have 3 small kids too, so privacy is pretty much out, but at least they have their own room! The dogs are in our room, so its definatley weird for me. Jasmine does the same thing when I'm in the shower, sitcks her head in and looks at us, then pops back out.

Kandi

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2005, 05:33:19 pm »
NO! I am so glad we aren't the only one with an extra giant body on the bed when romance hits the room. :D Bear is always concerned with my safety, but when he is sure that things are ok he "smells" around and then lays down with his back to us. Guess I should be glad he cares enough to stay close by, but feeling the occasional hairy paw or pushing a cold nose with my foot is always an experience.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 10:29:09 pm »
 ;D I also thought I'd see something about the problem with everyone following into the bathroom, but noooo, refreshing to read how we all have the same problem though, well hmmmm not quite, I guess I am with coonie and Jacksmom, I will have to make sure hubby does not see this, or he will for sure tell me how I am neglecting my duties lol.... but with kids 13,10 and 4 + all the four legged children it is hard to get some privacy. And our 4 year old daughter have come up with the wonderful idea to just storm in without knocking, we have tried to lock, but we have them locks you can stick a coin in from the outside and open, so guess who is finding a fork or spoon or something else to stick in there and voila, in she is before we even know it. So we have bigger problems than the dogs. But when we are " busy" both the cat and Hera is acting as if they were having tickets to the circus, that totally freaks me out, makes me feel like a "perv" (if they only turned their backs to us) so we have to take them out of the room or there will be no action at all lol.... Galahad, who is still just a puppy, well he sleeps through it all.

And the bathroom, I dont think I have been alone in there once the past 14 years, it is either a kid or a dog or cat, for some odd reason, hubby always manages to get privacy in there, not me though. When I shower they usually sit outside and stare in, we have the door, so they can't stick their noses in, but their noses are almost pressed flat onto the door, I now know how the animals at zoo feels lol....

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2005, 10:37:46 pm »
tickets to the circus!!! LOL  That's too funny!!
I was thinking of the time we tried to fool around on the living room floor real quick before we had to go somewhere...so to be quick we didn't get un-dressed. I forgot that Sakwa likes to join in when we play fight and she always sticks up for my husband. So there I am on the floor in a hooded sweater. Sakwa comes up groweling at me, grabs my hood and tries to drag me away from my husband!!! She's only 30 lbs, so I won but it was funny as heck and killed the mood. Now we have to remember that if I'm on the floor she thinks it's play time!!

Vicki

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2005, 11:03:34 pm »
Well it is, just not for the dogs lol..... Ohhhh dear - sex on the livingroom floor, seems like a lifetime ago  :o I can only imagine that now, without faliur the kids would wake up and come, the dogs would all stand over us and the cat would probably have a fit and run around and the bird would sit and say sexy mama.... (that is my sweet daughters doing, I told her not to teach the bird anything naughty, that only made it so much more fun) So I guess those days are gone.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog