Author Topic: My Babies are almost gone!  (Read 11758 times)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
My Babies are almost gone!
« on: May 18, 2005, 09:42:22 am »
 :'(  Well my pups are almost all placed, although they won't go to their new homes for another week and some not for 2. :)  It has been such a fun experience!  We are purchasing another girl to breed with Aidan and she will be born next month and home in August sometime!  I am excited about that. ;D  Beauty had her "Beauty shop" day yesterday, I gave her a bath and blow dried, then we did nails!  She looks so much better and boy is she white now!  We see the vet Saturday for all our checks and shots.  Aidan and Steve are goingto be learning agility this summer and he will be in a competition end of July, after that we will be working on getting him liscenced as a therapy dog.  Sounds like our summer is full!  That does not include the kids and their activities!  What does everyone else have planned for their summer?  Itis still cold here, I am dying to plant my flowerbeds and gardens!  My husband said first of June!   :-\
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Luvmydanes

Re: My Babies are almost gone!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 09:48:06 am »
Sounds like she had a great day of beauty! :) When you say "did her nails" do you paint them? I want to paint Jasmine's but dont know if that is ok to do or not? Anyone know. Congrats on getting all your new babies to new homes. Its sad, but happy at the same time. I can't wait for summer, all we really have planned in camping. I love it and the dogs will have a blast! Not to mention the kids :) I can't wait, I love it...its such a relaxing escape for us. And we bought the kids some flowers and watermelon seeds, and tomatoe seeds to plant, but need a nice day to do it in, its still rainy here. :( hopefully soon! I go flower crazy once the "sunny season" starts too!

Kandi

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 11:17:53 am »
LOL!!   I have painted nails before, but Beauty had hers trimmed, and ground down!   :D
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Luvmydanes

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 11:44:15 am »
I am going to paint Jasmines!! I'll have to post a picture as soon as I do.

Kandi

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 05:40:37 pm »
I hope the babies are all going to good homes. Even though you are sad about them leaving, I bet yu are glad to have a "normal" life again. For the summer we have plans to work on our obedience title, camp, hike and swim, swim swim! Since its like 85 here already we have been to the river for some awesome swimming.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 05:54:47 pm »
You lucky duck jabear, it has been in the high 30's here lately.  Will summer ever arrive?

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 06:19:07 pm »
Its 54 degree's here AGAIN!  Although I should n ot complain as 1/2 of the pups are flying to other states and I need cooler weather ;).  It was hard doing this sight unseen for the ones going out of state, but we had many phone conversations, shared email, did the whole question and answer thing, signed sales contracts, and health guarantee's, I feel really good about it.  We will be bringing home another girl in a few weeks, we were going to take an 8 week old girl but the opportunity came up to purchase an excellent 8 month old female that will produce a new line with Aidan when she is old enough.  SOOOO we will be looking at another litter somewhere near the END of 2006.  She is a bit more expensive but her qualityis SUPERB!  We are very excited, Steve is busy fixing the new kennels.  and I am busy learning all I can about the new world of breeding dogs!
I sold my last boy today  :'(  he was my favorite...Hav e a few girls left and then its all over...Hard to believe it came and went so darn fast!
Storm Jameson

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 11:29:34 am »
I feel for you.... I would cry my eyes out, but as long as you feel certain you found good homes for them, you can be sure they get a good life. I got my Galahad from MN, so no chance to meet with breeder. But like you, we had plenty of phone conversations and paper signing too, it all went real well and Galahad took the plane trip real well, we opened his crate and he wagged his tail looked as if he just woke up on the couch rather than just coming off an airplane. We have around 75-80 here now, so nice nice, my flower beds are planted and growing like crazy, have to water every evening. We will also do some camping, and I will be working a lot with Galahad this summer, daughter is going to sweden for a few weeks, and I promised we would not have too fun while she was gone lol.... Good Luck with your new girl, when will you be getting her home??

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Luvmydanes

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 11:33:26 am »
Yeah, I wanted to ask when you were getting your new girl as well, and do you have any pictures you can put up of her?

Kandi

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 01:46:53 pm »
I won't bring her home for at least 2 more weeks, I want to be sure I have the pups all placed and in their new homes first before I start with another girl.  I am going to be getting pic's in a few days and will post them as soon as I do!
Storm Jameson

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 03:16:49 pm »
Looking forward to that. And it is probably a good idea to make sure you have as much time as possible with her when she is new, but it's gotta be hard to wait though.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog