Author Topic: a little surprise today...  (Read 10310 times)

nickerbokker

a little surprise today...
« on: May 18, 2005, 04:11:34 pm »
so, as you all know, i love my puppy very much, but he IS the devil.  but today, today something weird is going on.  usually, for the last 4 months (AHHH), whenever we walk in the hall, lobby, outside, park, if were in the car, and we see someone, angus goes CRAZY.  he barks and growls and his hair sticks up and he looks like a fool, and so do it.  and its REALLY gotten out of control lately.  but what i have been doing is stepping on his leash close to the collar and making (trying to make) him sit down and every time he barks or growls he gets his leash snapped and gets a NOOO!...usually this has no effect on him and he doesn't as much as look at me let alone sit down or shut the h*ll up.  but today, we went for a poop walk and we saw maybe five people and he walked by them ALL....the only one he barked at was this butch woman who even kinda freaked out me a little.  but my god, the puppy was quiet.  DO YOU THINK HE'S SICK, or do you think he is MAYBE getting it a LITTLE that mom hates to look like a fool!  im SO stunned, and quite proud at the same time!  i was so scared the my devil puppy would never grow out the devil puppy phase and turn into a devil dog that weighed 150lbs.  but im thinking, maybe, just maybe, he might not be so bad after all!

YEAH MR ANGUS!  knock on wood

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: a little surprise today...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 05:27:25 pm »
Angus rocks!  :) I'm sure it is a combination of learning how to behave well and what makes mommy really mad. But we've had the occasional barking from our Bear too. It always freaks me out because he is not a barker at all but when he it usually has a reason...usles s it is a person of a certain ethnicity. He is so wierd because there is one certain ethnic group and he has gone nuts with barking at seeing this group a few times. Wierd wierd wierd I tell you! Maybe it is the scent they give off or something but I certainly get embarrassed by his actions when they are without merit.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 05:32:21 pm »
WOOHOOO!! Congrats to Angus and his great Mommy for training him so well!!
Karen
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 08:21:35 pm »
I think he is catching on!...I do the same correction with Samson & most of the time he is content to just sit & "watch 'em" now...Funny how when we think it's never gonna work they go & do what we want & we have to wonder if they really "get it" or if they're just having an off day...lol!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 12:00:48 am »
Good Going!!!! I am sure he is starting to feel he is a big boy and is listening to what mommy says. Congratulation s and keep up the good work Angus.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

nickerbokker

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 11:05:00 am »
i TOTALLY thought he was sick yesterday or something since he was actually making mommy happy....BUT, today, we walked RIGHT BY someone, and he looked and KEPT WALKING....

I ALMOST STARTED CRYING!  IT JUST MADE ME SO HAPPY!  I KNOW THAT SOUNDS SO RETARDED, BUT ITS LIKE A DEEP SIGH OF RELIEF YA KNOW...."maybe he will turn out to be a cool dog afterall LOL"

WOOOOOOOOOHOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 11:07:05 am »
you go Angus!!!!! Today a big congratulation is really in its place, now he has proven that it was not only a one time thing. WELL DONE

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

dohertyswissy

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 11:43:21 am »
Yahoo, Angus!!!  You rocked it!!  Congratulation s!!  Good Job!  I just love it when the "light bulb" goes off in Ranger's head!  Gives me confidence that I may actually be teaching this dog the right way.  Gotta love it!  Congrats!!

nickerbokker

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 11:45:19 am »
i know...its not only that my puppy is TRYING to not be the devil....its that I AM MAYBE AN OKAY MOM! 

i never had to do anything with cody...i said sit once, he got it..down once, he got it...no bark once, he got it.  CODY IS AN ANGEL.....but angus has been nothing but WORK, and its maybe looking like i actually did some of it right maybe.....it feels wonderful!  LOL