Author Topic: Hello all, I'm new here.  (Read 11889 times)

Lyn

Hello all, I'm new here.
« on: May 19, 2005, 06:03:10 am »
I just discovered this forum. :) My name is Linda.. although everyone calls me Lyn. I have a 14 week old Saint named Bubba. He is our first Saint Bernard. I took me a couple years to talk my hubby into letting me get one. ;D He was a little put off by their size. But now that Bubba is here, he denies ever saying no. LOL

I reconize Yaz and Guiness from another forum. Since both our pups were having tummy issues. Bubba's has actually flared up again and his loose stools are back with a vengance. I switched his food to Solid Gold Wolfcub, and everything was going fine up until lastnight. So I guess we are going back to the vet again.

Here's a recent pic taken 2 days ago of Bubba and my 8 year old son. Ignore the 70's carpet. LOL

Offline new2saints

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Hello all, I'm new here.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 06:13:11 am »
He's soooo cute :)  Welcome to the forum.  This is a wonderful place!  I have a 15 wk old Saint named Bailey.  My husband was the same as yours, but he didn't want a dog at all.  Now the first thing he does when he gets home is find Bailey and play with her.  Although, he still won't admit he actually loves her  ;)

new2saints

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 08:42:19 am »
Hi Lyn!! Welcome to this great forum. Our Judge is 14 months and a great addition to our family. We are in Ontario Canada and also are new to St.s My hubby is the one who wanted the St. and Im so happy we have Judge.
KAren
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 09:59:12 am »
What a super cute little baby boy you have, cute name too. Welcome to this friendly place, hope to hear a lot from you. We have a little boy too, a 13 week old, OEM. And like so many here, I had to do some work on hubby before he gave in, we have 3 other dogs too, and he for some extremely odd reason thought 3 was enough blah...... I hope your guy gets to feeling better, and you find a way to keep his belly okay.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Yaz

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 12:33:06 pm »
Hi Lyn - great to see Bubba again! He's looking so much like Guinness. Sorry to hear about the poop problems. Guinness is doing well on the Solid Gold but his poop is definitely not as firm as it was when I gave him the Pepto Bismal twice a day. I've done a lot of research about this problem and am beginning to really suspect that some puppies find a lot of the premium food too rich for their developing stomachs. Let me know what you decide to try with Bubba. The breeder I got Guinness from has beautiful healthy dogs and she swears by Pedigree for her Saints. She said that she tried them on a premium food and for 18 months, she had no puppies until she put the dogs back on the Pedigree. Go figure, eh? It's neat to find that both Bubba and Judge are from Ontario like myself  :).

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 12:40:29 pm »
Welcome lyn.I have a 6 month old saint named Spotakiss.He is also our first saint.My husband was so against getting one.Now hes his baby.Enjoy the site its great.Great people too.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 06:38:25 pm »
Nice to meet you! You've got a great looking baby there. Congratulation s!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Lyn

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 05:58:18 am »
Thanks everyone for the welcome. ;D I love the pics.

We have been taking Bubba into town frequently (we live out in the boonie) to socalize him with different people. It's amazing the amount of attention he gets. But Saints are not that common in my small town. We get alot of "Look it's a Beethoven" Or "Cujo". LMAO. I can see the Beethoven reference, but Cujo.. Geez..  ::) Next is obedience class, he needs some more socalization with other dogs. He thinks they all want to play with him.

I took Bubba back to the vet yesterday, pretty much right after I posted here.. and the vet found a single hookworm egg when he did the fecal. He's had 4 fecals done prior and they all came back fine, finally caught it this time. So he dewormed him again and gave him some medication. Metrodonzinole, I can't remember how to spell it now. LOL His poops are back to being soft.. but at least it's not flying from him now. He now weighs 41.5 pounds. Which I thought was a little under. But my vet said is normal.

Yaz, I did mention to my vet about the Solid Gold possibly being too rich. He said as long as the food switch is done very slowly that's it fine. Expecially if your going from a food high in fillers like I did, to a more natural food like the Solid Gold.