Author Topic: Off to see the vet  (Read 16235 times)

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
Off to see the vet
« on: May 19, 2005, 10:48:38 am »
Finn and I are off to see the vet. He's fine, it's just a check up and weigh. He's growing so much! I figured he would have grown into his feet by now, but they are still way too big for his body! Though he is still a growing pup.
The sun is shining, the kids are at school....
Everyone have a wonderful day!

Vicki

Luvmydanes

Re: Off to see the vet
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 10:55:04 am »
Let us know how it goes Vicki!!!

Kandi

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 10:56:32 am »
Thanks Vicki, you too. And good luck at the vets, give Finn a hug and tell him to be a good boy, everyone on here will know if he isnt lol...... Ohhhh it sounds soooo peaceful, kids in school, hubby at work. Why ohhh why isnt that the case in this house  ::) Here I have one very very active 4 year old, one 13 year old  home from school with a bad cold, hubby who keeps calling from the office telling me to get some stuff together for him (cant you tell I am lol.....) Right now 4 dogs out in the backyard barking like crazy, god only knows what they saw that had to be barked at like that. My guess is that one of them saw something, and the other three are just joining in to be supportive. I will now close my eyes and pretend I am alone at home with 6 extremely well behaved dogs. MMMMMM what a nice place that is.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 12:23:34 pm »
Wow...sounds like you could use a day off!!!
We're back and all is well. Finn is up to 88.9 lbs which is a bit lower than the ave. for his age (7 months) but he is eating well and healthy so no worries. Vet says by the look of his feet he still has plenty of growing to do. He has gained 25 lbs since we got him almost exactly 2 months ago and that's not bad!

Well, I'm going to play ball for a few minutes before I pick my son up from school. Take care,

Vicki

Luvmydanes

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 03:39:49 pm »
Wow, he's getting to be a big boy! I wonder how big he'll be full grown...Dane was the runt of the litter when we got him, and you'd never know today. He's about 140 lbs and still has about a year until he is full grown, so it will be interesting. The vet told us, she woudln't be suprised if he topped 200 lbs!!!

Kandi

nickerbokker

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 03:42:41 pm »
200lbs.....my goodness. 

angus's pop was 179lbs.....BUT, my vet thinks angus is gonna be a scrawny runt forever...NOT JUST NOW LOL....i expressed my concerns about how small he is, and she said, yep..it looks like you have a mini!

im so jealous!

Luvmydanes

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 03:47:34 pm »
I have always had a thing for huge dogs, so if he does then woohoo! but if not, 140 is still BIG! lol Angus was the runt too? A mini - thats halarious! I was telling my sisters boyfriend yesterday that jasmine, being a female will not get to be as big as Dane is, and his response was "oh ok, so she'll only be what? 150 lbs? not as big as dane, so dont worry." lol...it was funny! Even "not as big" is still huge.

Kandi

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 03:59:36 pm »
Finn is growing I can tell, 25 lbs in two months, nooo  not bad I would say  ;) Ohhh and Angus isnt all that mini lol..... Even the smaller ones of our giant breeds tend to dwarf other dogs. Ohhh and concidering his hips it may not be such a bad thing that he isnt going to get huge.

Marit

nickerbokker

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 04:12:13 pm »
i know!!!!!  thank goodness for his low weight!  the smaller the better!  to tell you the truth...i loive big dogs, i want to eat them all up...but if stayed 60lbs i wouldn't care lol :D

Luvmydanes

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 04:14:06 pm »
Of course you wouldn't care...he's your baby!!!  ::) DUH!! lol

Kandi

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 04:16:36 pm »
I think I can pretty much promise you he wont stay at 60 lbs lol.... ;D

Marit

nickerbokker

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2005, 04:17:52 pm »
lol, damn.

Luvmydanes

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 04:22:03 pm »
Marit - Look how similar our pups look! Its kind of weird! lol

Kandi

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 04:29:09 pm »
wow I cant belive I didnt see that straight away, my daughter who came in here while I was looking, said "he looks like Galahad" straight away. Yep..... they do look alike, lol...... is there any reason for either of us to be concerned hehehe mine is an OEM your a dane. Lets hope we cant say they look just the same when we compare pics of them as one year olds  ;D. The more I look the more they look the same. The other day, when we went to Petsmart two people said "ohhh look at that bloodhound" I thought ohhh dear..... I hope he wont need therapy now lol...... Really the only thing that differs the two, is that yours head is a tad bit slimmer and longer and Galahad may be a bit wider in the chest area, other than that WOW..... Lets continue to compare as Galahad grows, how old is your baby now???

Marit

Luvmydanes

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 04:37:38 pm »
It is kind of weird, isn't it? She is 10 weeks old. How old is Galahad? Lets definately hope they dont look the same at a year! not that it would be bad, just strange since they are completely different breeds. I see the differences, but they are so little, just glancing you'd think they were the same dog! lol. Except she is a little lighter of a color. Other than that, you can't tell. We definately need to remember to compare pictures!

Kandi