Author Topic: snausages???  (Read 2947 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
snausages???
« on: January 30, 2006, 09:02:36 am »
hey all! i was wondering if anybody had a bad experience with snausages?? they were on sale yesterday at petco and i bought some for fumble.  growing up i had a shih tzu and she LOVED them. he did too, but he had me up all night with a bad case of the poops.. anybody else have this happen???  i just want to see if that's it, or if it was something else i should investigate?? i guess i could always give them to the shih tzu, she's 12 years old, but she would love me foreVER! lol! 
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Lyn

Re: snausages???
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 10:06:15 am »
My father bought a bag of snausages and gave 1 to Bubba. He too had some serious runs afterwards. To the point that I was about to take him into the vet. I checked the ingredients that when I discovered the problem...  Bubba is sensitive to corn and wheat.

Soy Flour, Wheat Flour, Corn Syrup, Corn Starch, Chicken, Water, Propylene Glycol, Animal Digest, Bone Phosphate, Bacon, Beef, Soy Protein Concentrate, Animal Fat (BHA used as a preservative), Dried Cheese Product, Sugar, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Phosphoric Acid, Sorbic Acid (used as a preservative), Titanium Dioxide, Natural Smoke Flavor, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 40, Garlic Powder, Citric Acid (used as a preservative), Blue 1.

Sounds like Fumble is sensitive to something in them also.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 10:52:06 am »
I think if your dog is on a high quality dog food or anything near a natural diet, snausages will really mess up their digestive system. I am pretty sure snausages are in the "junk food for dogs" category!!!
 :D

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 10:57:52 am »
Farley likes them and seems to be ok with them

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 11:02:29 am »
ooh thats probably it then!  haha.. its like those no fat pringles! lol!! i'll definately stop giving them to him.. he seems a little messed up right now.. he only ate  a little bit of his breakfast, so i'm thinking he just doesn't feel too good because of the diarrhea he has right now... thanks though for the responses!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 11:08:53 am »
Harley loves them, but we rarely give them to her because she is on a strict diet. When we first got her we bought quite a few bags of them and we one day she found them and we found her with the empty bags. Wow did she ever gain weight!! So that was the end of that. Our vet at the time noticed the weight gain and asked what we fed her and how much, then asked about the treats and said to give her veggies instead. Just because they are so high in fat. So that could also be a reason that they gave Fumble the runs. But that is just a guess. Harley never got the runs from it, and she ate a lot of them :-\

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)